Permanent Limitation

akwheat00
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone! 

A limitation was placed on my account last year for still a reason unknown to myself. I uploaded all documents, proof of purchase, proof of sending etc to Paypal but for whatever reason, they decided to place a permanent limitation on my account. When I call to seek advice the customer service staff say it has to be taken to someone higher and that someone will contact me within 24-72 hours, no one ever does. The same thing happens with email, I Just receive an automated message asking me to call customer service. I am now losing hope that my £1500 funds will never be released and I will ever get this sorted if anyone could shed some light or help in any way it'd be much appreciated! 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akwheat00 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds and they send you an email to that effect.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akwheat00 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds and they send you an email to that effect.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

akwheat00
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

There are some funds that are older than 180 days and some which aren't that old. I was told that PayPal performs reviews every 30 days so assumed some of the funds would be available before others. Do you know if this is the case? Thanks a lot for getting back to me!

Alastair

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@akwheat00 

Not sure if they wait until all the funds are available for withdrawal or not, sorry thats only something c.s can confirm for you...if you get an agent that actually knows the time of day that is.   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Santhoosh
Contributor
Contributor
Don't be worried. You will surely receive the funds.
Login to Me Too

Santhoosh
Contributor
Contributor
Hi You will receive the hold amount after 180 days from the date of apply(limitation) Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.