Permanent Limitation on my account

Lucy64
New Community Member

Hiya

A permanent limitation of my account has been placed.

However, I have quite a lot of money in there. When they say "Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we'll send you an email with instructions on how to transfer your money.", do I need to provide any additional information in order to access the money? Thanks

Lucy

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucy64

No, after 180 days they will email you and allow you to withdraw it probably to any linked bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucy64

No, after 180 days they will email you and allow you to withdraw it probably to any linked bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Thuyisangry
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same thing to me try filing a complaint with the ftc for unfair and deceptive business practices Also check your state laws 180 days holding your money is illegal in 48 states and no matter what they say there policy is it does not supersede the law what they are realy doing is embezzlement. They recently lost a class action lawsuit in California for doing this to thousands of people i say sue the thieves their just collecting onterest on our money and dont listen to dumb people who obviously work for paypal there just giving you paypals policys which are well outright illegal
Login to Me Too

Dazman14
Contributor
Contributor

I am located in the UK. Laws are different here but looking into my options. I just think its really sad that they have the right to terminate an account without explanations. I am taking it upon myself to look into this. I have gone through my last 24 months activity and i see nothing. I am not a seller, all i have done is purchased a cover for an I phone transferred money to my friend, and use Paypal on a restaurant App paying the bill??

Its so frustrating.Been mailing them for a week and had zero replies 

Login to Me Too

Thuyisangry
Contributor
Contributor
I urge you to do that. I don't think they have the right. But it appears PayPal thinks they do it is up to us to show them they can not. Check the laws in uk there is a woman in the uk on youtube who has lots of resources youtube search paypal limitations. You would find her video and links in it immensely usefull in the UK
Login to Me Too

Juanbar12
New Community Member

i am not linked any bank account or card .what can i do now

Login to Me Too

CloeHabbett
same issue with my account.
Login to Me Too

Dazman14
Contributor
Contributor

Mine to. After 20 years of being with them!!!! Not sold anything on there for over two years and the only activity being burying food and drink via Wetherspoons APP. Is that wrong? It must be as they close my account. 

Tip 

don’t order cider on the APP 

Thanks PayPal for all the years. I’d have a drink for you but I can no longer order a pint!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.