Permanent Limitation of Paypal Account

Archie14
Contributor
Contributor

Can your account be closed if Paypal have limited it permanently?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Archie14 

No but you might as well consider it closed since the critical features of the account are blocked. Can't send, receive, or withdraw after the remaining balance is withdrawn after 180 days. You won't be able to open another account as you are essentially banned from using PayPal. If you do, it'll eventually be permanently limited too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lollo12
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know what to do if 180 days comes and no email is sent?
Login to Me Too

Archie14
Contributor
Contributor
So does that mean you cannot de-link banks, phone numbers, secondary emails as well?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Archie14 wrote:
So does that mean you cannot de-link banks, phone numbers, secondary emails as well?

Information from limited accounts cannot be removed unless the limitation is resolved and the account is put back to normal standing but if they give you the 180 days speech its not much you can do to. If you can appeal their decision, they will say you can in their emails to you.

Login to Me Too

Lollo12
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea why but paypal decided to no longer offer me their services after failing to give them the required docs to remove limitation. Due to me living abroad and having a different system that looks nothing like the US. The issue became about me wanting my money in my acct. Their customer service via email frustrated me to bits. For almost a year I have been fighting for my right to MY money. They are keeping it hostage. I even spoke to a customer rep, stayed an hour long distance NOT a FREE CALL, and I was able to verify who I am. Still. No solution. She tried and was so sweey, so not for lack of trying. This is unbelievably unethical. I have no idea what to do. Anyone got any tips?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lollo12 wrote:
I have no idea why but paypal decided to no longer offer me their services after failing to give them the required docs to remove limitation. Due to me living abroad and having a different system that looks nothing like the US. The issue became about me wanting my money in my acct. Their customer service via email frustrated me to bits. For almost a year I have been fighting for my right to MY money. They are keeping it hostage. I even spoke to a customer rep, stayed an hour long distance NOT a FREE CALL, and I was able to verify who I am. Still. No solution. She tried and was so sweey, so not for lack of trying. This is unbelievably unethical. I have no idea what to do. Anyone got any tips?

1) I think its because you failed to give required documents to remove limitations. You say you wanted to get your money from your account. Were you logging in to your US account from abroad and they limited your account and asking for documents to prove your identity? So much time has passed, and you couldn't provide those documents that they'd just rather permanently limit your account as they consider it high risk.

2) PayPal accounts are country specific. If we are going to be living abroad, we must open a new account in the new country we're living in or let PayPal know ahead of time we'll be using your account abroad or leave our other country account alone until we get back. I dunno, some users are able to successfully maintaining accounts from different countries; its not impossible and some are just not, they run into problems. Don't know what it is. Each person is different/unique. We've entrusted PayPal with 'our' money and they have to do their due diligence in ensuring we can prove who we are and is the account owner. This is the internet, they don't know us from tom, d*ck, or harry otherwise.

3) If you do not receive the email, you'll have to call customs service to follow up and ask if you can withdraw your money. You can contact PayPal via social media too if calling is inconvenient:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

Lollo12
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for replying. I did call them. Spent a full hour long distance. Its expensive. I was, via phone, able to "verify" who I am. I am, however, unable to send required docs as they do not exist in this country. I have also opened a Swedish acct, and all I want is to transfer funds and close the US. None of which I am allowed to do. Yes, entrusted them is the word.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.