Permanent Ban placed on my account for no reason

MofoJed
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal recently permanently banned my account without warning or explanation.  

I was told I had violated the Acceptable Use Policy, but this is a mistake.  I have read the policy, and I did not violate the Policy.  PayPal is mistaken.

I was not told which part of the Acceptable Use Policy I violated.  They would not say.  

They are holding my account balance hostage.  I am unable to withdraw my balance.

This is absolutely shameful behaviour exhibited by PayPal.  You should not use this company.  I recommend any other service.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Smithyd1985
New Community Member
I have also contacted PayPal regarding the issue, yet they still won't tell me what I have done. If you're gonna block someone's account, atleast tell them the reason.. For a company this size, its rather childish and pathetic that you can't give a simple reason for this ban. You're user agreement is nothing to do with it as I have read it! Just tell people what they are banned for
Login to Me Too

MofoJed
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree. If I broke a rule, I'd really like to know about it. Why wouldn't they tell us the rule? I don't even understand the reasoning behind this. It is completely opaque and absurd. Shame on PayPal for such shady business practices. I strongly recommend using another service. Reminder: PayPal can and will at any time ban your account, and freeze your money. And they won't give you any reason for why they are doing this. Pathetic, sad, reprehensible. Shame on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.