Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

trashbusiness

This has also happened to me.  This is beyond ridiculous and customer service is terrible.  I created a new PayPal account sometime within the last year and I have been using the account with no issues for months.  My friends and I transfer money to each other over our accounts occasionally.  I needed to transfer some funds totaling 500USD+ today to another bank account and after the funds were in the account, I was informed that the account was now limited.  Apparently this limitation has been placed on my account because of another PayPal account I had which was apparently permanently banned in 2010.  I remember using that account once to purchase an item on eBay and I never used it afterwards.  I'm not sure what the issue with that account was, but I was informed that if I wanted to find out the cause for the ban, I would have to subpoena the information from PayPal.  I was also informed that I would not be able to withdraw my funds for 180 days.  This is beyond irritating.  This is money that I needed access to.  The one thing that confuses me the most is the fact that I was able to use the account with no problems for months until today.  If my account appears "suspicious" because of a prior account issue, shouldn't my new account have had limitations placed on it as soon as it was created?  Why was I able to make full use of the account for months?  It really makes no sense.  

Login to Me Too

Same here. My husband was banned for some stupid made up reason and they are holding his funds for 180 day, then a few days later my account gets banned. Like WTF I've had this account for 15 ish years and used it to pay some bills and occasionally sell something but because we share an address I was permanently banned too. Wad told the automated decision is final and they wouldnt ever reverse it. They keep banning all their loyal customers they aren't going to have a business left.
Login to Me Too

Comicdealer19
Yea this happened to me too. I had an account for years and I was banned for a dirty customer trying to scam ME! They tried to scam me and I get banned! Hilarious. I paid hundreds in there crap fees from the account locking, the money being returned to the “scammy customer” the money returned back to me when I proved he tried to scam me and actually DID get his item! (Had tracking # and conversations with him regarding him receiving his package!!) yet he still tried to say he never got anything and get his $$ back from me through PayPal, again I paid the fees cause they promised my account would be good after so whatever right pay 300$ be able to make money using them again right .. WRONG THEY LIE !!! They scap goat around questions, they never give you a straight answer, then they lie to your face over and over again! Was told my account was perfect now that I’d paid... guess what it was permently removed ! Zero access on my end. I called and called and called. They told me to create and entire new account that the last one was wiped from there system, (another lie.) So I make a new account, I’m making some small transactions here and there, OF CORSE !!!! the week I get 1300$ and 2200$ Within 3 days of one another 💥 BOOM ACCOUNT LIMITED! Now I called and sat on the phone and refused to hang up until I spoke to a manager. They put you on hold and hope you just give up and hang up that way they don’t have to deal with youZ So I put a my EarPods in and out went about my day, answering them when someone would try and come on and play pretend like they transferred me to the wrong place or back to the main 1st people ( that know NOTHING but what’s on there computer screen prompts!!!!) around and around I went for hours and finally got someone with At least a lot ad bit of knowledge behind her eyes. You know where the brain is supposed to be... well we told me that my account was complete and irrevocably banned for life. Anything with my name would be immediately terminated...now mind you I sell collectibles right so these peoples money is sitting in my account and it’s not some little change it’s thousands of dollars, obviously I know I’m NEVER seeing that money so I can’t send out there items knowing I’m literally sending them thousands of dollars for free... it took me another 2 hours before I got a managers boss yes the manager went and got her boss to help me after what’s now 6 hours sitting on the phone .. all in one call by the way. I told her to immediately back to my poor customers. Who have done nothing wrong to deserve having there money held from them for even a minute let alone 180 days! THANKFULLY.. thank thank thankfully 😅 I got the probably only compassionate and honest higher up on the line and she was able too refund my customers there money immediately. As for my money in my account, well let’s just say I’m extremely glad that I was cautious with them from the beginning of round 2. I used them ONLY when I had too ONLY when my customers insisted over the other applications available. It’s sucks that none of the others have the feature of “goods & services” like PayPal does. If they did, I’m pretty sure most people would use them for that feature or at least as a secondary to PayPals g&s feature. I swear it is the absolute ONLY reason why PayPal is still getting away with what there doing to people. It’s insane that they can hold even 1$ in someone’s account for 180 days ! I get that it might be in there “rules and regulations” and that way everyone using PayPal should be aware of there bylaws and so on. But it’s not about them doing it to customers once they “break the rules” or “look suspicious” and get banned without even getting a chance to explain themselves. I know I was never asked my side or the story. I had to literally just send it in myself, it’s veen 3 months now and I’ve still not received a reply back! (I’ve send it once a week, every week for 3 months.) Proof that the reasoning behind why they “permanently banned me” from using there platform ever again supposedly in my life! I just find it funny that there extremely responsive when they are asking you about money and clearing your negative balance. Oh by the way they had the balls to call me and tell me that because I asked them to refund the money to the 2 customers (the money they had just sent me that was sitting in my account) they said because they had to send it back I was getting hit with a fee for each one, on top of that I was getting fees for a bunch of other nonsense: and then they asked me how I was going to pay them today. HA! What?? I asked them ma’am? If I don’t pay you right now what happens? She said well PayPal is currently putting out the money to cover those charges for you, wed like to be paid back. Now here’s the bit thing a lot of people don’t know about PayPal and I guarantee they’ll remove my content - they aren’t backed by ANY bank!! They aren’t affiliated with any financial institution, and they don’t report too a single credit union. So i asked her again why should I pay you anything ever? Are you going to reinstate my account, she says “no, I’m sorry I don’t have the ability too.” I say okay, are you going to report this to my credit score? “No, we don’t report to any credit bureaus.” I say again, “ so why should I pay you anything after your company **bleep** me out of using your platform and making money through it, if there is zero reprocessions via my credit score nor any other way to stipen money from me for me to pay it? Your not giving me back my account, or even an incentive :something like if you pay well reinstate you in 6 months or a year. No nothing. Permanent lifelong ban. So why, please tell me why I should pay you anything when it’s not even my fault that those “fees” are there? Your company **bleep** with my account, or I’d be able to send out the items to my customers just fine, like ALWAYS! Like the hundreds of other orders that month that I’d fulfilled! But no, THEY froze it, causing me to have to call for 6 hours to get my customers money because that’s the right thing to do for your customers, not make them have to do it and deal with all of that when it’s not there fault. So the charges PayPal themselves accrued on my account - on there own damn platform! They want me to pay?? ... get he he’ll out of here! I paid y’all once, already and you promised me my account back, you lied !! You waited and watched until I had a large sum in my account and you tried to put it all on hold, how convenient! My theory and a lot of others online agree with me that PayPal takes your money when it’s on “hold” for 180 days, uses it to pay back those they held prior for 180 days , then uses someone else’s to pay you back when they freeze there money / account ! Doesn’t that make sense ... they are using our money to cover fees and bs instead of putting out a penny of there own money. I’m SO HAPPY EBAY IS out of contract with PayPal soon! So beyond excited about that, I hope PayPal gets there stuff together before they lose all there customers. Or have so many lawsuits on there hands that it bankrupts them. If I didn’t sit on the phone for 6 hours what would have happened - 2 innocent people would have been out 1000+ and 2000+ each!!! That’s INSANE to do to someone, on top of that It’s literally like theft in my eyes that they can hold someone’s own money in there account whole it’s on its “180 day hold” like what???? How the heck is that legal to do to someone?!?!? You’d never hear of a bank saying they are freezing someone’s account for 180 days with absolutely no way of a proving your identity and it being unlocked. Yes a bank might lock you out, you go to a branch or call them answer security questions , or show them an ID card showing your you and unlocked you are not 180 days maybe more like 18 minutes !! Seriously to me that is such theft !!! I’m so happy I’m banned now and not later on When there lawsuits open up, and they start using people’s money for it and trying To catch up & pay it back down the line before anyone can ever realize the actual money 💰 is gone, not a cyber number shown in Your account balance or your indefinitely frozen account! That’s all folks 😛
Login to Me Too

TimothyJBurton
New Community Member

My account was banned.  I buy used cell phones online and flip them at the local college.  I had to dispute a person, because they send the first phone and sold me a computer part, but then after I bought some stuff they decided to skip sending it.  

They said I was banned, but gave me no reason and no ability to appeal it.  It's pretty appalling how some automated system decides what is a violation of the TOS, when I've followed it to the letter.  I purchase products using their service and have paid good amount of fees for it too.

Login to Me Too

banneduser2019
New Community Member

I've been banned since 2012!! However, no one has ever been able to tell me why. My mum sent me a good sized amount of money to help with bills etc and that's the only thing I can think of!!! but considering Paypal is for Sending/Receiving money!!!

I get the usual "business decision" response when calling/emailling/messaging. 

As it's been so long, I have asked them to delete my details under Data Protection Law but this morning they have said they won't even do that - again they cannot tell me why. 

To be honest, I couldn't give a **bleep** about using their services as that bubble has long burst and advances in banking have rendered them obsolete but I don't want them to store my personal details any longer - with their business practices god knows what they are doing with my data!

Login to Me Too

Banned4n0reason
Contributor
Contributor

I just got a permanent ban on my account too. My mother also got one, she does not even use it that often (she was using it on the same PC and I guess our accounts got linked by some AI or some **bleep**)

I'm selling Web Development, SEO, Social Media Marketing services to my clients, doing not a single thing wrong, trying to make myself a living in my **bleep** country, and BAAAM, I get PERMA (lifelong) banned for no reason whatsoever. I was just about to open up my own ecommerce store too, that I've been working on for the past 2 Months, and now I'm totally **bleep**

Also, I'm a college student without too much free time, this is very necessary for me to make a living. I know, showing desperation won't help at all since PayPal could not care less, but I can't do anything else... I won't be able to do anything without my PayPal account...

Hard times make strong people, so I guess this has some significance and use, but this whole situation is still **bleep** **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Banned4n0reason
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for "bleep bleep" -ing my post. It's cool that you have the time to at least censor people... Gotta buy a stealth Paypal account since nobody seems to give a **bleep** about my situation.
Don't hate me, I'm just doing what I can and what I'm forced to do. You see, there is no other way

Login to Me Too

surlro

Same issue here, 10.700$ stuck without reason after 7 years with them. People should stop using it...

Login to Me Too

Jerryhyde
I’ve had a VIP account for 12 years, suddenly got banned for life with no warning, spoke to lots of (quite helpful) people at Paypal who seemed as baffled as me. Finally spoke to someone in US who said I’d received a payment from a client ten months ago who was under investigation for something they couldn’t tell me and therefore I was banned for life to ‘shut down the chain’. Moral of the story - Paypal isn’t a bank, don’t keep any money in your account as they can shut you down and keep it and there’s nothing you can do about it
Login to Me Too

SteamedRamen
Contributor
Contributor

Also happened to me, im still writing all of their emails including the executive office from paypal.

Sadly i just received predefined emails.

Can't receive low donations now and pay services like Netflix and my Servers 😥

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.