Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

MillyDance
Contributor
Contributor

no paypal, i would call the company "oxymoron". the first part of the oxymoron is "legal"; the second... whatever. in fact, is easier to live without that papa. more confident, at least

Login to Me Too

Tanner11
New Community Member
Never even used PayPal. Created an account before I was 18 just to have it ready. Then I turned 18 so now I can legally use PayPal and I log back in and my account is permanently restricted from using PayPal. Unbelievable.. No help with resolving this problem either.
Login to Me Too

NoviD
Contributor
Contributor

me too..
all I do is sold design via some site..I dont do something illegal.
i ask to submit my personal information (ie ID card, passport) and some document related to my bussiness..and I dosubmit to them
but, all I got are the same as you..
they said in email that I get het my found within 180 days..but you know the rest

Login to Me Too

mschip

same things here. they said on the phone (after over a year with dealing with this, and different answers from different representatives) that i have to subpoena them for the information regarding the reason they banned me. I HAVE TO SUBPOENA THEM to get MY information. Ridiculous. Honestly, good riddance, go use google pay or cash app or some other service that isn't tyrannical and braindead like paypal.   

Login to Me Too

RoryOBrien
Contributor
Contributor
Literally same thing happened to me. PayPal are idiots need to find a new company I guess. Use some frikin human brains
Login to Me Too

peaware560
Class Action Lawsuit! I’m in anyone else?
Login to Me Too

BagmanZodd
Im in they are holding 7k from me
Login to Me Too

Banned12YUser

Same thing just happened to me today. I have had this account for 12 years now, (primarily for my jewelry and design hobbies) and suddenly it is banned and my money frozen. Rude, arrogant employees talk down to you like lords, and an automated email directs you to links that remind you that you are banned.

But it is even worse... A Nonprofit I used to be on the Board of Directors of, whom I made a paypal business account for was somehow still "linked" to me. I am no longer on their board, and I have no interest in their paypal (no login at all)... and yet Paypal Banned them for life and also seized 7,000.00 from a CHARITY! 

Same "we refuse to explain ourselves, pleb, get a lawyer" garbage that has been the case with everyone here.

Worse than worthless payment gateway. A nuisance and a threat to your business. Avoid Paypal. Tell all your friends to ditch them too.

Login to Me Too

unknown1111
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has been sued over holding funds from the users they banned several times and the consumers win. My acct was banned and they are holding my funds for the 6 months and as a single income family of 5 every penny counts and they hit us HARD! The employees basically told me they wont release the funds and i agreed to the user agreement (the one that nobody reads) and after doing research I found out the user agreement they have doesn't over ride the laws in place to protect us. If enough people complain to there state that oversees companies like paypal or hire attorneys and sue them maybe PayPal will change its ways or best option go out of business. The ban is one thing and to hold another persons funds for 6 months is insane and I can't find where or if I can even dispute the ban. 

Login to Me Too

DevenOmau
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to see I’m not alone. I got banned for “Violating the License Agreement” when I hadn’t even activated the **bleep** account fully yet. I sent in all the proper info but I guess PayPal doesn’t accept the identification process they set up to identify a person as real. Guess I’m entirely **bleep** now since literally every artist I’ve met over Discord uses this 😕 Thanks a lot PayPal for your excellent, flawless system

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.