Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

Lifeson
Contributor
Contributor
Me too!
Login to Me Too

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

I just got permanently  banned for no reason whatsoever! I was with Paypal for more than 10 years, and never ever had any issues.

Login to Me Too

griniNY

Just got banned a day ago. Had a business account for my online store, closed the online store 2 months ago and had recurring charges going on for a website like $2/week. My dad sent me $280 almost a week ago on to my business PayPal account to transfer me money, and the second I receive the money comes a PayPal verification pop-up asking me where the money comes from, what's the business name and similar questions. I answer them and tell them the truth that my dad sent me the money. 2 days after I login to PayPal and see a notification saying "Your account has been permanently restricted". Called them - telling me that I violated some regulation, but what rule I broke they can't tell me because they don't know. Some department decided to make an investigation for my account and "NOTICED SOMETHING WRONG" - PayPal representative, and blocked my account. Tried refunding my dad the money he sent me, but PayPal takes the money now from my bank account to refund my dad, and I'll be able to take the $280 out of PayPal in 180 days... Hilarious and funny

Login to Me Too

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

I think paypal is trying to restructure their business... so they just close any account they deem "risky" or unprofitable.

Since they aren't part with eBay anymore, they aren't making as much money now. And the new Xoom service seems to

be disappearing. 

Login to Me Too

Jacobhowe16
Contributor
Contributor
My accounts been permanently banned, I’m a seller on depop and they have banned me, treating me like a scammer, I’ve done nothing wrong, 200 pounds sits in that account which I’m going to phone them to transfer to my trusted bank, if not, I’ll be hiring a lawyer for 200 pounds, PayPal is basically a scam themselves, do not use
Login to Me Too

Lanthony83
Contributor
Contributor
We should report PayPal to fraud.org. There’s enough of us with a similar story to make PayPal listen through a US government entity.
Login to Me Too

joshdunnad
Contributor
Contributor

With almost any other company, when something like this happens, there is someone you can talk to in order to figure out what happened.  Not with PayPal

With almost any other company,  you can get an explanation when something like this happens, so you can determine if a mistake has been made, and dispute it if it has. Not with PayPal.

With almost any other company, there is some kind of process by which you can resolve such issues, if a mistake has been made.  Not with PayPal.

Know who I'm going to be conducting online transactions with?

Login to Me Too

MihaelaPia
Contributor
Contributor
So i have a BIG problem first they banned my account i dont even know why second i cant get my money for 6 months they are so rude i asked to get my money back and they asked for my ID what i alr send than they asked me again i send again and they said my ID expired then i send the new law for ID being extended because of COVID then they asked for my driving licence what i also send and then they said again some stuff that dont make any sense when u ban people at least tell them why and 6 months without my money is just hilarious i send them txt everyday for last month and i will keep it up i want my money back and i wanna know vaild reason why i got banned in the first place and pls give us somebody that can truly help and not some uneducated ppl that dont even wanna work so disrespectfull
Login to Me Too

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal can no longer be used  by sellers on Ebay!   Kiss Paypal good bye.  They are just intermediary money grabs.

Login to Me Too

Gopokesosu77
Contributor
Contributor
Same just happened to me. They send you that email and you can't reply they give you a link so you can reply and you get caught in a "vindaloop" as southpark likes to say. I had no choice but to put the documents they wanted and I got super confused because there were not any options for individuals every ? Was treating you as a business it makes no sense I had a legit passport and address and everything else but im not a business and I think this is why they did that. I tried to send a message saying I joined pay pal to protect me from scams and unethical businesses I had all of $5 and no recent transactions for years and they said They couldnt guarantee that I wasnt going to scam people? It makes no sense at all. They actual scammers who make credit cards and use stolen ones never get shut down or they jump to the next account and the honest people get "life time ban" and paypal steals your bank info and you can get it back from them? Who's the scammer? And they freeze your money without there being a open claim saying you did something wrong. Its unreal I dont know what to do.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.