Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

TheBeatleBabe

lizziemae76
Contributor
Contributor
Square?
Login to Me Too

Gopokesosu77
Contributor
Contributor
I HONESTLY THINK IT COEnSides with how there doing with their share holds if the stock is down and had a bad quarterly performance they make they set the a.i. Up in a way that bans more accounts and they steal your money and abra-kadabra they do better for shareholders the next month. It seems more and more thats they only people who's views matter to companies people used to love it truly destroys any resemblence of what customers used to love but companies dont hear it they make these community sites so were out of site out of mind I cant tell you how many community sites ive been on that have these kinds of horrible review followings and the companies seem oblivious or have no shame
Login to Me Too

Sharon174
Contributor
Contributor

I got permanently banned because I made a donation to Ukraine - a legitimate one which I found via mainstream media.

Login to Me Too

MeskatulAnowar
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! 
Paypal basically is a Scam. They are the most unethical company I ever seen in my entire life. The purpose of paypal hold money and term deposit with 3rd party and make unethical gain over it. Everyone should boycott paypal. its a real fraud company. 

They ban my account before starting withdraw any money to my account. 

Login to Me Too

Lanthony83
Contributor
Contributor
We need to report PayPal to fraud.org. I believe there is enough of us with a similar story to make a difference.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221020I
Were you ever able to get your $100? Just asking bc they just banned my account but my direct deposit went it and now I’m freaking out bc I don’t know when I’ll be able to get that money
Login to Me Too

miltonruddock
Contributor
Contributor
They hold mine for 6 month that's usually the norm for MOST cases
Login to Me Too

keisham19
Contributor
Contributor
can I just ask, were you able to get your money after 6 months? I literally have $300 on my account and its been banned. What are the due process?
Login to Me Too

Kristendunklin
Contributor
Contributor
Mine been 7 months still nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.