Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

weeapril1
New Community Member
I just had the exact same thing happen🤬 No Answers,No Reasons! Account Closed And I’m Banned For Life!! Absolutely Ridiculous!!!
Login to Me Too

Saba77
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the exact same problem. Every time I call they put me on hold for over 2 hours and no return of calls nor resolution. 

Login to Me Too

Nadiaputs
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me yesterday while i’m using paypal for my personal transfers. I’m so dissapointed that they permanently limited my account without even telling me the right reason behind that. I still got my money on there and just limited my account without even warn me first or at least tell me what to do. Paypal has been helped me so much until this happens and tbh it ruins everything. Sad yes! At least they shouldn’t hold my funds for 180 days
Login to Me Too

affan2fly
Contributor
Contributor

After waiting for 180 days, I finally could withdraw the funds. But I still cannot make any transactions, receive any funds, even I cannot close my account. So, now I have a useless paypal account, and some information like a bank account, email address, etc. still kept by paypal. So from now nothing else I can do, I have to start using another platform and spread the words "do not use paypal" to my clients, my friends, my family, and other peoples.

Login to Me Too

jayboxtype24
Contributor
Contributor
thats my only concern. to get my money.
Login to Me Too

Lekvwa
Contributor
Contributor

Similar things happened to me. I was only sixteen when I signed up for PayPal (I had to buy games on steam and purchase Spotify Premium via PayPal) and they restricted the account after that - permanently. They told me I could register a new one after turning eighteen - is it necessary? ! My main gmail email is still in there so that I can't sign up for PayPal with it and have to sign up for an additional protonmail email.
Fortunately, I unbind my bank card in time before the "temporary restriction" to "you can no longer use PayPal", otherwise I will be cornered.
This is stupid, PayPal should learn from Twitter, where you just have to prove you meet the requirements after reaching the age!

Login to Me Too

Vasq95
New Community Member
Same thing literally just happened to me today for no reason. At first I was limited for adding funds to my account via PayPal’s “my cash” after telling the rep that those weren’t payments and were funds added by me I was told my acct would be back to normal within 24hrs. I sent my state id & everything to them. Literally 30min after that call I was sent an email stating I’m permanently limited. Mind you it was my first time selling something & all I sold was a video game collectors item. Now they’re telling me I have to wait 6 months just to get my money. This is ridiculous. I hope ebay finds another company to accept payments other then PayPal because I feel as though PayPal at this point does not care for their customers at all.
Login to Me Too

MeHannaTTV
Contributor
Contributor
They Permanently block my account for no reason!!! they just limited my account and after 3 days they permanently blocked it .. a lot of people warned me not to use PayPal my stupidity i didn't listen to them.. anyone who sees this thread stop using paypal and move somewhere else!!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Same here, video game collector, selling some extras on ebay. Nothing but positive reviews in the last 6 months, asked for id and details, sent them all to paypal, after 2 weeks blocked my account and 1500 pounds!

Login to Me Too

Pulpo
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I have a personal paypal which I've had for YEARS and pay a few subscriptions like Netflix or some shopping with. Within 2 months both accounts are limited. I had like $30 in it that I can't use now for 180 days. I submitted my photo id and it got rejected because "high risk" wtf does that even mean?

My husband had his account for years too, sold a few gaming items on Ebay, transactions went smoothly, happy customers with positive feedback and boom limited paypal and now they're holding $700 of his earnings from ebay for 180 days... 6 months ffs. This happened recently. We don't exchange money from our paypals so it's nothing related and makes absolutely no sense. 

We think it's because paypal is failing, so since they can limit people's accounts w/o question, they're making interest on the money in them. Who knows. It's complete bs though. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.