Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

saloni09
New Community Member
my account is on permanent hold.. called customer service team.. no response.. no help provided.. no justified explanation given.. please help
Login to Me Too

mj_reloadedv2
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck winning with these snakes hey. It’s not right. Hope you have it sorted though.
Login to Me Too

Amos6
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal will lose client all over the country ,open all those banned/limited accounts we withdraw our money then you limited those accounts because we are suffering we are losing costumers/money daily help us
Login to Me Too

Temp20221021ac
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t care. I don’t have much cash in my account. They can have it. I just want to start buying off e bay again and these crooks are making it impossible for me to buy off of e bay anymore. This is cold blooded what they do to people with no warning or reasoning. Smh 🤦‍♂️
Login to Me Too

miltonruddock
Contributor
Contributor
U can usee visa on ebay and be careful as eBay play alot like p.pal
Login to Me Too

Movetosquare
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is the worst company. They don’t explain anything unless you escalate the issue with a firm like the BBB. I hope this company tanks. Collapses on its self and burns to the ground.
Login to Me Too

lizziemae76
Contributor
Contributor
The same is going on with me and now affecting my Xoom account. Why don't they give us a SPECIFIC reason instead of a vague overlay of possibilities?
Login to Me Too

snakeisland

Glad you can still call and ask PayPal questions -- they've blocked my phone number from calling customer support to figure out what happened. I asked their legal team what the issue was, but they did not give an explanation beyond "you violated the terms of service". 

This is why I got into crypto. I'm done trying to work with this payment platform for my business. 

Login to Me Too

Ardenaid
Contributor
Contributor

So, I ve got my account banned as well, and luckily for me I have only 3 dollars. The only operation I had in the account was 1 dollar I received from a friend because we were trying to test it. That is all, no money transfer from my bank account, no money transfer to the bank account. So I don't see what potential risk they are talking about, they are just giving excuses. What a **bleep**ing website.

Login to Me Too

Meinki
Contributor
Contributor

it's just happend to me today.... feeling very deepressed hopeless finding resolution. I just do my own work as artist receiving small amount and withdraw everymonth  (<400 usd) . Now i got banned for 2 years using! without a warn or detail reason. More over they dont allow us start over new acc by banned our bank account... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.