Pending/Unclaimed transaction

RichardL20
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering what i should do when I've bought an item off Ebay and I've not received the item. I've tried contacting the seller but there was no response. I then attempted to to open a INR request on Ebay but i just says to contact the seller, a few days later i get an email off Ebay saying my recent purchase could be from a compromised account which would explain why other people were having the same problem communicating with the seller. The payment is still pending/unclaimed so will it just return to my account after a few days? Also the item was taken down so i cannot attempt to open a case later on.   Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi RichardL20,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community for assistance with this issue. I understand it can be frustrating when you send a payment and it doesn't work out as it should. If the merchant's account was compromised when the payment went through, you can file an INR claim but only after 7 days from the date of the purchase. Afterwall, we have to give the merchant some time to deliver the goods!

Although, you did say that the payment was unclaimed. If the payment has not been claimed, you may be able to retrieve the payment by clicking "cancel" in the payment's transaction details. You generally want to do that by logging into the PayPal website via the mobile web browser or a computer. Worse comes to worse, you can also give PayPal a call and an agent can assist you in reversing an unclaimed payment.

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to reach out to the PayPal Community if you have any additional questions. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.