Pending Unauthorized Transactions - Can't Cancel or Report

dgarbs
New Community Member

I noticed on my bank account 8 transactions made out to UPS Canada via PayPal that I did not make or authorize. I immediately went on PayPal to see what's going on (I haven't used PayPal in 10 months) and saw they were all "Pending". I tried to cancel them but nothing showed up allowing me to, so I instantly emailed them to figure out what's going on. When I tried to file a claim for each transaction I was met with "We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our User Agreement for more details." So I have no idea what is going on, I can't cancel it, nor can I report it. I emailed PayPal and they responded saying to make sure it was nobody in my family who did it (nobody else has access to my account) and that it wasn't a pre-approved payment (it's not). And proceeded to tell me to report them. Which I told them I couldn't! What is going on here? This is obviously fraud, but what I don't get is that my bank account has already been charged even though all 8 of the transactions are pending.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

NotThatJared
New Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue.  Got the same responses everywhere I looked.

Login to Me Too

Sandra8675
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue except I know who made the unauthorised payments. They accessed my account while in my home using my chromebook laptop. They're pending but I cannot reach anyone as customer service is limited due to the virus situation.
Login to Me Too

outposttykus
New Community Member

I've just woken up and found 3 payments pending that I didn't make. My bank can't do anything and advised me to contact Paypal. I can't cancel them or report them for the same reasons you've listed. I've now sent an email to Paypal but I'm just very frustrated that there isn't much information as to how to fix this.

Login to Me Too

Someone243
New Community Member
For me someone got into my account and charged me fake airpods from a fake apple Inc and the email is fake and Pay Pal told me to contact the sender to cancel it that they can’t do it and I’m like it’s a fake sender i sent them multiple screenshots. Also, I saw nothing got taken out of my bank accounts that were formerly connected so this is frustrating because it’s unauthorized and since it’s pending for almost a day now I don’t trust to use PayPal ever again if they don’t help me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.