Paypay transfer to "Paypal law enforcement seizure"

Jaguar-John
New Community Member

Anyone have a issue where paypal holds your money for 180 days then 30 days from having to release it transfer it to a account owned by them an say nothing but law enforcement seizure, refuse to tell me what law enforcement agency still 30 days later. The money was a SBA loan deposited in my paypal cash plus account to keep my small business afloat. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Sky210
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happen to me on may 5 2021
Login to Me Too

kellyg1980
Contributor
Contributor
I had same issue and mine was also coming from az stimulus
Login to Me Too

clearlycheri
Contributor
Contributor
Did you do the id.me thing when they started that?
Login to Me Too

TeeTee5
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, you & I are in the same situation. I received my unemployment pandemic from ARIZONA too. And, they limited my account. After them 180days could never get in touch with anyone... So, now what law enforcement could PayPal even have... I need answers...
Login to Me Too

clearlycheri
Contributor
Contributor
I wish I had any sort of answer whatsoever, but everything ends up at a standstill.
Login to Me Too

clearlycheri
Contributor
Contributor
I wonder what the glitch with Arizona is.. did you do the id.me thing when they started it?
Login to Me Too

kellyg1980
Contributor
Contributor

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

What's going on in this thread is beyond what the BBB is meant to handle, so I would advise everyone to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. It's not clear where PayPal falls on their form, but "Money transfer, virtual currency, or money service > Mobile or digital wallet" is a good fit. After that, start calling every news outlet you can contact - this is simply shocking, and you will find someone to listen to you.

Login to Me Too

Straight8edge8
Contributor
Contributor
As of May 5th I also ha e this notation on my account about my this notation "PayPal Law enforcement Seizure". I waited my 180 days o my to find out the wanted me to wait even longer. I talked to mngr after mngr which kept telling me the same thing over and over. Each mngr would tell me they have no idea why my account was closed only that PayPal saw me as a risk so they closed my account. I asked what the risk was and all they would say is "The people in the backroom make these decisions and We're unable to transfer you to them. It's been over a year with this And I still don't have my money. I don't know what to do or how to get my money. It's almost $5000 and I need assistance please.
Login to Me Too

Quick2
Contributor
Contributor

May 4th PayPal did the same thing to me I am from Arizona as well. Been over a year they have had this money and it’s over $6,000 no small change ya know. <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.