Paypals Useless Platform for solving issues.

Annoyed_123
Contributor
Contributor

When filing a dispute if the seller contacts pay pal and submit (fraudulent details) that they have posted item pay pal closes the dispute. It appears it is impossible to resubmit this dispute to Paypal. You just get caught up in a loop. I get sick and tired of hearing that Pay pal is here to help, obviously, that is not the case. 

I got told that I had to return the item to the seller (considering I purchased floor Lights in August and received a hand towel today in October.) this is not an oversight or accident as I've seen other people in this situation as well. Buy floor lights and receive a hand towel to circumnavigate the dispute process. Yet I had an operator instruct me to return the towel sent to me. 

Blatant scam and Pay pal is allowing this. I will be closing my pay pal account and encouraging others to do so as well. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Win66
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal holds itself out to be a safe way to avoid scams. Well this process of expecting to be sent something you want but receiving something entirely different is a scam that avoids the process of getting a refund of your money for not receiving what you paid for.  Then having to send something to China in order to get a refund is adding misery and expense to an already obvious scam. Oh yeah let's dive down that rat hole. Pay more than the return item is worth to mail it to China. What are the chances they want that thing back? What are the chances they will even say they got it back? What are the chances that they are giving a legitimate address? how long will the slow boat to China take to deliver the return item. PayPal is complicit in the scam. They have no skin in the game and make it impossible to talk with anyone about this. Call your card company and open an investigation. Why waste time with PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Win66
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal holds itself out to be a safe way to avoid scams. Well this process of expecting to be sent something you want but receiving something entirely different is a scam that avoids the process of getting a refund of your money for not receiving what you paid for.  Then having to send something to China in order to get a refund is adding misery and expense to an already obvious scam. Oh yeah let's dive down that rat hole. Pay more than the return item is worth to mail it to China. What are the chances they want that thing back? What are the chances they will even say they got it back? What are the chances that they are giving a legitimate address? how long will the slow boat to China take to deliver the return item. PayPal is complicit in the scam. They have no skin in the game and make it impossible to talk with anyone about this. Call your card company and open an investigation. Why waste time with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

pside
Contributor
Contributor
I agree wholeheartedly. I filed a dispute with Paypal over 2 months ago. An icemaker was ordered but got sent a gold ring. I contacted company and thru a series of email theyfinally agreed to refund 50% after numerous emails to them. I filed dispute with Paypal and received the reply that dispute was disapproved because I had received the item. I had ordered an icemaker and received a cheap gold band. I included a complete series of emails from the company showing they had sent the wrong item and the company agreed to provide 50% of whst they were paid. The resolution center is how we continue to get scammed. From now on will use my credit card for any purchases and file disputes with them.
Login to Me Too

Jesushelping
Contributor
Contributor
Why not we all dumped paypal useless company
Login to Me Too

I started a complaint process using their hopeless messaging, the staff then closed down my active complaint to stop their superiors hearing about their woeful behaviour.  But I kept a copy!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.