Paypal wont release my money, why?

Rictina73
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I set up a new account as my family wanted to gift money for my birthday. I managed to transfer some of them to my personal bank account but 2 of them from my grandparents are now on hold & Im unable to get my birthday money. 

Paypal are saying they wont release the money until the goods have been delivered. But there are no goods for delivery so does this mean I will never get my money? Im so upset as I wanted to buy something with the money for my birthday.

Ive tried phoning Paypal to no avail the line goes dead, no live chat ...this is consuming my life, Im so upset as I cannot contact Paypal anywhere. Ive even uploaded my drivers licence as i/d proof. 

I will never use Paypal ever again!! 

Please can someone help me? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Lozjm87
Contributor
Contributor

sounds like your family have sent the payment via goods and services instead of personal, you need to send them a message as it can be on hold for 21 days 

Login to Me Too

Rictina73
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your fast reply. I told them not to, explained it all. Managed to speak with paypal who are still saying it will take 72 hrs!! Im so disappointed as I wanted to buy my birthday present. Absolute nightmare & will never use paypal again!! Too stressful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.