Paypal wont help

gschoenhofen
Contributor
Contributor

Back in August I made a purchase for an electronic item. I never received the item and the seller was a major hassle to deal with. He kept saying to place another order and that the payment didnt go through so I did.  To which he says the payment needs to be with western union or bitcoin. Obviously a scam I contacted paypal to get the funds returned to me, paypal returned one payment of $56.33, but not the first. It went through the resolution and paypal's dispute center on their website SUCKS. I sent an email communication through paypals contact page with all the information regarding my case and how it wouldn't let me add information. It wouldn't work for days to let me update information on it, and I'm really busy with work. I also was out of town camping for a week with no cell service, upon my return I find while I was out of town, the case had been denied (probably because I couldnt add information), and the time length for me to appeal the result had already passed as it's only a couple days apparently.

I contacted paypal by phone, and spent hours dealing with a few different reps, to come to the conclusion that it's impossible for them to reopen the case, and that the only thing I could do at this point is contact my bank and explain to them, and hopefully they will reverse it.  Anyway, my bank says this is all on paypal, and that even if they took the money back my account with paypal would still be negative.  

Fast forward a month, super busy with work and 2 young kids. Paypal's dispute page somehow gave me the option to enter a "dispute" again but wouldnt let me change any information. Decided I would give it a go since it only involved clicking a few buttons and not hours and hours on the phone again. It credited the money into my paypal balance, so I sent it to my bank. A week or two later paypal puts my paypal account at -56.33 after somehow deciding against me again. And another couple weeks later I'm getting a letter in a mail about debt collection. Few days after that, paypal tries to withdraw money from my bank account, causing an overdraft.  So now I'm out 86.33, for nothing. Great buyers protection. What can I do to get some real help?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.