Paypal wont allow me to open a dispute for item not arrived

anwar_b_uk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i have a paypal transaction where the seller put the wrong item on the invoice, i tried to cancel the transaction but paypal closed the case.

i thought when the item arrived i will send it back and get it exchanged for the correct item.

but i found out that the item was never shipped and the tracking number provided was a fake tracking number.

i tried to open a case in the resolution centre but it wont let me because paypal state that the old case was closed and you cannot open a new one.

i think its unfair as i have provided all the information to the tracking number and contacted the seller without any reply.

do i have to tell my bank that paypal willfully aided a fraudulent transaction and get them to claw my money back.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anwar_b_uk 

If the seller put the wrong item on the invoice then why did you pay that invoice?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anwar_b_uk
Contributor
Contributor
On the payment process I selected the correct item, but when I was sent the invoice via email it had the wrong item. And the payment was already taken at checkout
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.