Paypal won't help me with my dispute

sophiaj
New Community Member

I recently paid for a concert ticket using Paypal. The seller sold it to me for $400 and sent me the electronic copy over Facebook. When I arrived at the concert I was denied access as the ticket was fake. I tried to contact the seller and obviously got no response. Paypal denied my case as I technically authorized the payment for the ticket. However, the payment I authorized was for a real ticket, not the fake I received. What is my next step? Has anyone gone through something similar? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sophiaj

You bought a 'digital' item ie an e-ticket and not a physical ticket.

Paypals buyer protection only covers you for 'non receipt' of that item (you received it) and not 'not as described' (fake).

Your only option is if you funded that Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello sophiaj,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

We can help you to reopen a case if you can send your request by email. Send us an email by going to the message Centre of your PayPal account. Please provide as much information as possible including the Transaction ID for the payment before you submit this. It will then be attached directly to your account and we can review this for you. You will find the Message Centre here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.