Paypal will not let me report Fraud

roseland1
New Community Member

I am on Hold for mystery charges that show up in my bank account but not the Paypal transaction list. I am on hold now for over an hour listening to that ridiculous musac even though the prompt said 10 minutes. If I request a call back it will go into my Robocall spam filter. How does a conumer report Fraud with Paypal? The website only allows me to chose transactions listed not what you are trying to deduct from bank accounts that are not associated with my account. I am occurring over $100 in NSF charges because of this fraud. And will be charged more until I can talk to someone!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

roseland1
New Community Member

Now the phone center has stopped the musac and it is still on hold but there is NOTHING on the other end of the phone call!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @roseland1,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. If the transaction was made outside of your PayPal account but through our systems then it sounds like a case of a stolen card. I would suggest you report this to your card issuer also. In order to report the payments to PayPal, we would need to speak with you by phone. You should be put through to the correct number once you click on 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Sorry for any delays but please do hold on the line.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.