Paypal where did my refund go?

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor
I seemingly won a dispute against a seller for item not recieved. I recieved an email from Paypal stating I will receive credit with the amount I paid. I logged in my Paypal account and I my balance is 0! I initially paid by credit card for this purchase. I also noticed in the resolution center the case not closed it was moved from "being reviewed by Papal" to "awaiting seller response"! Don't understand did I get a refund or is the case still open? What should I do now? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maroman 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maroman 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I reread the email and missed that part. However I still don't understand why it is back to "awaiting seller response"? Is there something am missing? Does that mean I won't get a refund till the seller responses?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maroman 

That does seem odd and sorry can't answer that one, maybe the system is taking a while to update?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe yes. To be honest this is the first time I have done this and worried I lose my money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maroman 

Could be you have won the case and paypal have told the seller to refund and are waiting for him to do so, then if he doesn't they should do so under buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help. I emailed support and will see what they will say.
Login to Me Too

Maroman
Contributor
Contributor
Could be But I thought Paypal automatically removes the funds from the seller's account without waiting for them to refund and if they got no balance they go to negative balance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maroman 

Yes thats true, but they can still refund if they sort out their negative balance before the dispute has closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.