Paypal took my money | Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I had been waiting for 6 months to withdraw my money and when I go into my account on the 178th day I see my finds have been withdrawn from 2 accounts that were frozen. Both are business verified accounts. Never had a chargeback, dispute or anything like that.

This was in the memo of each transaction. Between the 2 accounts the total amounts to $14,000

$x,xxx.xx;PayPal Posting Date:Oct 29, 2019;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

I called yesterday what seemed like a level 1 customer service rep.

She said she sent a request to info to the banking dept.? and said to wait for an email.

I am not sure what to do. I was disappointed Paypal permanently limited me as I had been using Paypal for over 10 years, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would keep my money.

I am not sure what to do. A search on Google for "Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" only shows a couple of posts from a site called 'aspskins', it seems like those guys sell some sort of digital goods. I am a marketing agency that once again never had any sort of negative reviews, chargebacks or disputes, before and during the 180 days. 

I can't get my head around how I would have a caused Paypal 1$ in damages let alone  $14,000

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

310Paul
Contributor
Contributor

No.  I tried having them service 2 times and they simply don't accept it.  The only thing left for me (without spending money on attorney fees) is to wait for a class action suit that I can join.

Login to Me Too

Louhee64
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing has happened to my son in the uk! What can be done?
Login to Me Too

marlon-31
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing is happening to me. They took it at the end of September and I'm still figuring out how to get it with Lawyers. Have you had any luck yet? Any updates?

Login to Me Too

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I have not heard from them thus far. 

I filed a complaint with the BBB. 

Going to wait on a response from them there first.

Any word on your case?

Login to Me Too

iepexon
New Community Member

Hi, same happen to me, did you manage get back your money?

Login to Me Too

Dinarizkautami
Contributor
Contributor
Sam problem any update yet?
Login to Me Too

marlon-31
Contributor
Contributor
No word yet. I’m working on a lawsuit with a lawyer; any updates on your end?
Login to Me Too

Benny331
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently filed a complaint with Paypal in regards of this same issue. Paypal stole over $8k from me last year! My funds cleared back in 2016 so I left the money in my account. I went to check on my account last year during Christmas and noticed they stole the entire balance and gave me no notice of the reason why. 

Login to Me Too

Aurrix1
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me, on 08/17/21 they took $1,399.84 out of my account, my 180 days were about to be up as well. I am FURIOUS! This is illegal and paypal needs to be shut down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.