Paypal supports scammers and doesn't listen to its sellers

KeeshaKhraud
New Community Member
Hi,

I recently sold my Nintendo Switch on Shpock as I needed money for bills as I have lost my job.
The buyer paid through PayPal and COLLECTED THE ITEM AT MY HOME. The buyer then would not confirm receipt on Paypal and then raised a dispute saying he never received it.

Because I couldn't provide tracking information, your staff members ruled in favour of this man, he now has my Switch and the money. I could not provide tracking or shipping as the person COLLECTED THE ITEM AT MY HOME. However, I did provide all of the text messages, correspondence and a warning from Shpock that this person was a scammer (this was AFTER the transaction).

I called your customer help centre and all they did was transfer me to different places, ask for the shipping, despite my constant reminder that this was a COLLECTION. In the end they can't help me!

I think this was disgusting. I was in tears and am still crying as I write this email. You have also made my account -£7.92 as I now have to pay this scammers fees!!

Please help me! I have provided my correspondence with the buyer and the warning from PayPal.

I was assured this would not happen!

Please help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KeeshaKhraud 

Sadly its nothing to do with anyone on here as this is not paypal customer services but a user to user community advice forum, however.......

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.

Why not just say 'cash on collection' and that way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.