Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

dspeed
Contributor
Contributor

I have had more escalations for fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers via PayPal in the past 6 months than I've ever had in the history of my years using PayPal. For each one, PayPal's policies and processes are so weak that it allows the sellers to ship bad or fake merchandise and still collect the bulk of the funds from us as buyers. The bad seller tactics are to demand items be returned that they say didn't arrive, the sellers extend response times so that you spend months trying to get your funds returned, and usually to no avail because at the last minute they offer a fraction of what the buyer lost. For each of my cases PP has allowed them to keep my funds in their entirety if I don't want to settle for pennies of my original cost. At this point I am closing my PP account for which I had processed thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years. They don't want us as a customer and are doing nothing to make this better. My businesses will also no longer use PP as a payment option. I really wish PP would actually review these cases to see how many people are being abused and how they are allowing these fake sellers to fraudulently steal money via their systems.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor

Total BS answer

Login to Me Too

Hannah8888

I agree Pay Pal just seems to want their percentage from these fraudulent Chinese sellers.  They are doing nothing to support the buyer!  I am done with Pay Pal!!  They are just looking out for themselves.  Then they drag out their decisions so long it is difficult to get your credit card company to help!

Login to Me Too

Gin12
Lost over £20.00 UK pounds, to a Chinese scam. Probably changed, their name by now. Sent 3 emails, no response (surprise) aibili-international.com. Refund?
Login to Me Too

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

EXACTLY! I WOULD BET THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF US. MAYBE SOME CHINESE GROUP NOW HAS CONTROLLING INTEREST IN PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dspeed 

Where did i defend paypal?

You are great at putting words in my mouth.

I just tell you HOW paypal works and WHAT protection that they offer.

The rest is up to you.

However i am not here to defend paypal, i am here to help the users of paypal and have lost count of the thousands I have saved from being scammed.

What about you and the others? Ever saved anyone on here from being scammed?

The fact I tell you how it works does not mean that i always agree with it AND I am delighted with paypals latest policy changes that should sort out these Chinese scammers...........but i guess you probably haven't read up on that either have you?

As for passive/agressive I will leave that up to your posts.

@Poco1 

Yep there are thousands, so you need to 'work' the system correctly if you want a refund.  

I was scammed a few years ago by a China website, I learnt from it and moved on, putting it down to MY error in buying from them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

"so you need to 'work' the system correctly if you want a refund."  PLEASE SHOW US HOW TO GET A REFUND. I DID EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK AND EACH TIME I CORRESPONDED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE, (which was a different person each time, approx 8 times), I WOULD GET AN ANSWER RIGHT OUT OF THERE "CORPORATE STALL ANSWER BOOK". NOT ONE OF THEM READ THE PREVIOUS CORRESPONDENCE TO SEE WHAT HAD TRANSPIRED. THE LIES FROM THE SELLER WERE SO OBVIOUS- AND PAYPAL EMBELLISHED THE LIES TO MAKE THEM LOOK WORSE. I HAD/HAVE PROOF OF EVERYTHING BUT.......................

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poco1 

Except you didn't did you.

Paypal states to get a refund you have to return the item back to the seller first.

They also state they will reimburse you up to a certain amount IF you have activated the 'return shipping on us' option before you made the transaction.

You chose not to send the item back as it would (as you said) cost more to return than the item cost.

That is your choice, if you had read up on buyer protection FIRST and then risk assessed your transaction and didn't buy tat from Social Media ads then you would have been fine.

You may like or not like how much protection that they give you BUT if you choose to NOT read up on it and then complain when paypal complies with their policy and asks you to return the goods as per their policy then you can't complain that you didn't get a refund if you chose not to do so.

You may have contacted customer services but there was nothing they could do for you as you had 2 choices.

1, return the item for a full refund and then claim back some of the return postage costs.

2, not bother and take the loss.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aleksandar60
Contributor
Contributor

Could you explain what are my two solutions. I never got my order and when I open the case in resolution centre, as advised I first contacted the seller. Answer was to wait up to 25 days for delivery because the order was sent / after 3 months I already waited/ and to stop the open case at PayPal. I answered that I will if they provide me with tracking information. They send me tracking number and wondexpres delivery site to check. I did it but it sows not found. I check in next couple of days with same not found. I message the seller telling what happening and I got answer that my order was delivered month ago and that I check with post office. The seller send photo as a proof from wondexpres where you can see only order number and delivered. No date when,by who,when is sent, when was in transit. For shure isn’t delivered by wondexpres in UK.

I escalated the case . PayPal send me sellers answer that the order was sent ,again with out the date but the PayPal said that is correct and that in 4-5 days they will make decision. I asked for many back. Do you think I will get my money back

Aleksandar  

Login to Me Too

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor

Short answer?  NO!

Login to Me Too

fillip
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I appreciate your insight.

The site is bought my product from is fraudulent. I haven't received the product, because it's a knockoff or a piece of crap. Opened a dispute on 16 Aug. PP has 3-times extended the "estimated case resolution"! 

I sent PP links to the product site and links to where the 'real' product was on Indiegogo along with instructions to scroll down on the Indiegogo site to see a warning about fraudulent sites using their photos and text to sell a fraudulent product. 

PP says that most claims are investigated within 10-14-days. "However, depending on the complexity of the situation, we can sometimes require up to 30 days or longer to review a case and decide the outcome."

It baffles me. I sent a lot of information, a 4 page PDF with screenshots, and links. With all the info that I gave them it should be so obvious that this was a fraud. 

The good news is that it is still in review. Just have to keep making a pot of tea and wait and hope for the best. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.