Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

dspeed
Contributor
Contributor

I have had more escalations for fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers via PayPal in the past 6 months than I've ever had in the history of my years using PayPal. For each one, PayPal's policies and processes are so weak that it allows the sellers to ship bad or fake merchandise and still collect the bulk of the funds from us as buyers. The bad seller tactics are to demand items be returned that they say didn't arrive, the sellers extend response times so that you spend months trying to get your funds returned, and usually to no avail because at the last minute they offer a fraction of what the buyer lost. For each of my cases PP has allowed them to keep my funds in their entirety if I don't want to settle for pennies of my original cost. At this point I am closing my PP account for which I had processed thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years. They don't want us as a customer and are doing nothing to make this better. My businesses will also no longer use PP as a payment option. I really wish PP would actually review these cases to see how many people are being abused and how they are allowing these fake sellers to fraudulently steal money via their systems.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

oonsss1983
Contributor
Contributor
Definitely had no solution my end.. but no idea what to do next. Has anyone called PayPal regarding their issue?
Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
If your in the UK I would definitely email or message paypal you can use ( service @ paypal.com ) you can also complain through ( resolver .co.uk ) send a message to paypal giving them 14 days to respond and deal with the issue before you esculate your complaint through the financial ombudsman these would look at the evidence and give paypal the opportunity to resolve the issue or direct them to refund you. Also you could contact the card company and make a claim through them.
Login to Me Too

deezone13
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will never answer the phone, says reps are too busy and will respond through email

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ https://www.bbb.org/scamtracker https://www.usa.gov/state-attorney-general http://www.ic3.gov/ REPORT THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY!!! Document, record, screenshot and save as much evidence that you currently have and anymore that you can discover about your victimization and this fraudulent activity. You will be given the opportunity to submit any and all information that you have in your dispute claim with PayPal. If you have more data to submit than is allowed in your original dispute claim you will be able to add more afterwards. Message PayPal’s chat and ask about the dispute concerning this issue. Eventually they will ask you if you have more information pertaining to your case and be given a link to submit more files. If you want your money back you must be persistent about this.
Login to Me Too

mito88
Contributor
Contributor
how come your post wasn't removed or edited by mobs? good for You!
Login to Me Too

Dee0071
New Community Member
I have just been through a dispute with Chinese seller who provided fake tracking of my completion of my order.he only my supplied half my order then sent info saying other half sent 3 months later today PayPal closed the dispute I did not get my money or my order . In the meantime he sent me messages daily either saying he will refund or complete my order . I’m disgusted I feel like PayPal did not investigate his false tracking details . Yet I am penalised
Login to Me Too

Dandy5
Contributor
Contributor
It’s true, I had 7 different orders, and I received 7 items I didn’t order. It was crazy how PayPal did not even want to “see” the proof. Items I ordered, would have come in boxes and large packages. Everything I got came in 4”x6” envelopes. With and logic, you know you can’t get a 9 piece comforter set, in an envelope. But because the seller said, “return the product, and you’ll get a full credit”. Knowing that the return cost would cost more then the product. Picture after picture PayPal still would not issue a credit. I ended getting my credit from my credit card holder (Amex) issued the credit. So Seller gets paid, PayPal gets paid, I got paid, Amex lost money, when it should have been the seller.
Login to Me Too

peterhw
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been so unfortunate - I have managed a REFUND on previous occasions.

There seem so many 'obvious' details of what appear fraudulent behaviour.

Isn't about time we had some positive response from Paypal?

Stating the obvious but genuine vendors would generally see it is in there interest to address any problem - including refunds. 

It is so often the 'less genuine' vendors that play any trick to get your cash and then deliver (or not) something that falls far short of expectations.

Often goods are not fit for purpose or just don't match the description

Login to Me Too

LED777
Contributor
Contributor
The very same thing happened to me. It is a shame. I guess PayPal earns a lot of money by providing their services to those sellers. In case we complain, all cases are decided in favour of them. I am shocked.
Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
It took months to get my refund, went through the process and sent the item back to the fake address paypal had on record. Once they had proof of postage it didn't take much longer, just wish they would stop siding with the fake vendors. Remember you can raise a formal complaint if they are refusing to deal with the issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.