Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

dspeed
Contributor
Contributor

I have had more escalations for fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers via PayPal in the past 6 months than I've ever had in the history of my years using PayPal. For each one, PayPal's policies and processes are so weak that it allows the sellers to ship bad or fake merchandise and still collect the bulk of the funds from us as buyers. The bad seller tactics are to demand items be returned that they say didn't arrive, the sellers extend response times so that you spend months trying to get your funds returned, and usually to no avail because at the last minute they offer a fraction of what the buyer lost. For each of my cases PP has allowed them to keep my funds in their entirety if I don't want to settle for pennies of my original cost. At this point I am closing my PP account for which I had processed thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years. They don't want us as a customer and are doing nothing to make this better. My businesses will also no longer use PP as a payment option. I really wish PP would actually review these cases to see how many people are being abused and how they are allowing these fake sellers to fraudulently steal money via their systems.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree. Keep at it. Be nice. And as much time it takes and the painstaking obvious details you must continue to present them, don’t give up.
Login to Me Too

fastfixitmom
Contributor
Contributor

Glad you received your refund. But as you pointed out it was from your credit card company, which makes paypals claims of purchase protection even more of a joke. I feel as if the whole "purchase protection" itself is a scam to get people to use paypal's service. And YES i did read the policy before I ordered, but never imagined that anyone in their right mind would consider a small plastic truck as being NOT "significantly different from described" from a lifelike 18" robotic shark! which by the way is an item that there is only one of and it is owned by the inventor, and has never been reproduced. The seller stole a youtube clip and used it as their advertising, with no intention of EVER making good on the item since the item technically does not exist. THAT IS FRAUD plain and simple. I sent all of this information to paypal in my dispute, but was still told i would have to return the item to the address the seller provided (written in Chinese of course) even though the return address on the box was from California. And once the seller received the item i would get my money back. Now had i been gullible enough to do this and pay the $60+ to send my $38. item back, I still would not have gotten my money back because after getting the chinese address translated it turns out it is a nonexistant place.  so the tracking would show it as being undeliverable and the seller could then turn around and claim he never received it, claiming that I sent it to the wrong address. After reading through paypal's community forum I see that this type of scam is rampant and that paypal does nothing to govern it. Other than their update saying that a buyer doesnt have to return the item. What it DOES NOT say is that  it doesnt mean you will win the dispute or get your money back. It is still at paypal's sole discretion. Part of what originally drew me to use paypals service was it promise of "purchase protection" and online security when paying for purchases . Granted I have only ever in 15 years opened a dispute twice (both times I was denied my refund after being scammed by Chinese sellers) I guess Ive been luckier than some on here. Paypal makes a big deal of 24/7 customer service and purchase protection. But it seems that the only customers who are being serviced are fraudulent sellers. But since paypal doesn't make any money(fees for using it's service) off of us , the loyal trusting buyers, I guess they are not too concerned if we quit using their service. I have a feeling though that these sellers must pay some sort of fee for using Paypals other services. Paypal is a business after all not a charity, so Paypal is making money somewhere. This could be the real reason behind their blatant disregard for their buyers/customers concerns. It makes one wonder who REALLY owns Paypal??.....

Login to Me Too

ac5354
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you on the matter. Paypal only interested in the few cents that they can made out of the commision they get off the seller and have no intentions to uphold the western purchasing laws of the buyer. The resolution centre is a joke the people behind the keyboard have no judgement at all. They have just closed one of my claim and not even looking into the documents in the web site and so long they kept their part of cash I do not think they really bother about anyone else. I would just say a last word that they ( the so call chinese company selling cheap goods and paypal ) will not get another penny off me. Hope you all have better  luck then me. Adio 

Login to Me Too

mito88
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I was scammed.....

I am 100%  sure...

😞

Seller info Electric Heated Gloves 

Phone....<Removed>
www . electricheatedgloves . com

Purchase details Winter Outdoor Warm Thermal Touch Gloves - Black
$24.99 USD

phone # invalid.......

edit:  I am 100%  sure...

Login to Me Too

andybeck
Contributor
Contributor

I had responded to an advert for wifi security cameras and indeed received a confirmation email from the seller confirming that I had ordered "indoor / outdoor Wifi security cameras x 2. when later I questioned them about delivery, and to confirm my purchase again, they responded, saying I had ordered 2 x memory cards. I raised the issue with paypal who then got them to offer a "refund", but first I had to return these memory cards to the seller at my cost. with an address in China it was going to cost me 40% of the money which had already been taken, just to return them, and no way of ensuring that the seller would admit receiving them. All paypal will say is "seller has offered a full refund"

By turning a blind eye to these selling tactics paypal are in fact accepting fraudulent misrepresentation

Login to Me Too

oonsss1983
Contributor
Contributor
I always check on sellers legitimacy. This ONE time I was sleep deprived (ESSENTIAL WORKER HERE) and ordered from a Chinese Site posing as QUAY AUSTRALIA. $60USD later and PayPal have decided in the FRAUDULENT sellers favour as I "did not supply a tracking number/valid tracking number." Which is untrue as I RTS the item!! What can I do.???
Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
I had received a message a few weeks back. After having an strange number call me, I had replied back by email. This is what I had received So sorry for the call just now, I guess it interrupted your work. My apology. My name is Pauline, the new after-sale manager working for Shenzhen Aibili company. I know you had a extremely awful shopping experience for buying a Laser Craving Stand from the website Fancioud.com. We sincerely apologize for your disappointment and your anger. Since the mistakes made by our warehouse, they sent you wrong package with wrong item. Unfortunately, there was a shortage of our customer service personnel at the same time. And we missed your complaint emails. It was a terrible period that our company experienced a management disordered. Now we've updated our services department to avoid such irresponsible case like yours happened again. We hope you can give us another chance to do everything better. Your complaints are really important to us. We are now taking it seriously and trying everything to compensate your loss. For your order, we will refund all your money and ask for no package return. Please check your PayPal account for the money refund. If you haven't received the refund yet. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. This is my personal contact information. I will be here and try my best to be helped to process your problems ASAP. To be honest, compensation above is far more enough to your loss of trust and waiting time. Our company will compensate you with extra double amount of your order paid as our greatest apology. We hope you can accept our apologies and delete the negative posts on PayPal community. If this apology is acceptable to you, we are looking forward to getting your text or email reply. Please allow me to say sorry again.
Login to Me Too

Rosyroads85
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like a sincere apology.  

Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
They never got back to my email, after sending me the text
Login to Me Too

Jmoreno21
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think that's a sincere apology at all. I think it's a poor attempt to get you to remove your bad reviews against them so they can scam more people.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.