Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

dspeed
Contributor
Contributor

I have had more escalations for fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers via PayPal in the past 6 months than I've ever had in the history of my years using PayPal. For each one, PayPal's policies and processes are so weak that it allows the sellers to ship bad or fake merchandise and still collect the bulk of the funds from us as buyers. The bad seller tactics are to demand items be returned that they say didn't arrive, the sellers extend response times so that you spend months trying to get your funds returned, and usually to no avail because at the last minute they offer a fraction of what the buyer lost. For each of my cases PP has allowed them to keep my funds in their entirety if I don't want to settle for pennies of my original cost. At this point I am closing my PP account for which I had processed thousands upon thousands of dollars over the years. They don't want us as a customer and are doing nothing to make this better. My businesses will also no longer use PP as a payment option. I really wish PP would actually review these cases to see how many people are being abused and how they are allowing these fake sellers to fraudulently steal money via their systems.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

I BELIEVE PP IS IN SO DEEP THAT THEY COULD NOT POSSIBLY "MAKE GOOD" TO THE THOUSANDS THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. THEY KNOWINGLY HAVE KEPT ALLOWING SCAM SELLERS TO STAY WITH THEM. THE SCAMMERS ARE EASY TO IDENTIFY. JUST THIS VENUE ALONE HAS IDENTIFIED MANY. THE RIDICULOUS PP RESPONSES ARE PROOF ENOUGH THAT THEY CONDONE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My personal favorite thus far is PP's ruling that a BBQ smoker (basically a charcoal grill), is "materially similar" to a face mask. Thus seller has fulfilled transaction to PP's satisfaction and buyer is scammed and case closed.

I'd like to see PP executives cooking meat using face masks (hold the meat with the mask and light a match?)

Login to Me Too

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what they hope for... quit

Login to Me Too

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor

Hope you close your account

Login to Me Too

RobeLyons
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  Seems PayPal doesn't give a $hit about the buyers.  I'm still trying to get my funds back.  This crap needs to be elevated to the FBI.  Using the Postal Service for Fraudulent activity and PayPal just accepts the seller's tracking number with no other research dispite me giving them proof of wrong address and package size attached to the tracking number.  Not sure how the sellers are doing this, but the buyers need a class action lawsuit like sellers did and WON!!!!

Login to Me Too

lyn173
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any public spirited lawyers out there looking for a challenge?   The evidence is so plain to see, but we aren't going to be able to fight this monster as individuals and sadly justice can cost money.  Perhaps we could get a petition together on FB and see if it flies?

Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
I would be happy to sign also file a complain to https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ Its the same seller all the time. Paypal have told me that you can claim back upto £15 p&p postage to China from UK https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns But postage to China is so expensive and would still see many out of pocket
Login to Me Too

TheDandys
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. I bought 7 items from homemoon.store, and all items was a bait and switch. For instance, I bought a 9 piece comforter set, what I received was a piece of cloth. All other items was about the same result. I opened claims, sent PP pictures of what I bought, what I received and the envelope it came in. Yes a 9 piece comforter set came in a 6”x6” envelope. Now what the catch is with the seller is they offer a full refund, BUT only if you return the “rag”. Of course we all know that returning it would cost a small fortune. And this is where PP fell to protect the buyer. WHY would I send back a piece of rag, when PP can clearly see it’s fraud. Just knowing it would be impossible to put a 9 piece comforter set in a envelope. I reported the seller to the RCMP, and I’m going to report anyone that wants to hear it, about the seller and PP.
Login to Me Too

DannyLee80
Contributor
Contributor
It is a joke, even worse no one from PayPal seems to actually read what is written on the stupid message service, unlike over the phone when you explain to the person taking the call what is happening. Has taken over a month to get someone who has some sort of common sense on the messaging service, also after various emails to ceo and financial ombudsman
Login to Me Too

fillip
Contributor
Contributor

This has been a long and trying ordeal...with successful results!

Noticing how PP was dragging out the dispute, I worked out the problem and got my refund through my credit card company (CCC)

Not sure if this applies to everyone, but my CCC gives us 180 days to file a complaint. 

Give it a go.

Be aggressive, that is, follow up with a phone call if the CCC doesn't get back to you.

Be prepared to wait for a minimum of 20-minutes before you get a Support Rep to help. 

Have all your email dates ready to readout. When the product was shipped. When you received it. Tell them if the product was a 'total misrepresentation", or in plain English, "a piece of crap!"  Try not to get emotional, stay cool-headed, they've got to deal with a lot of irate customers. Being nice, being patient, and most of all showing appreciation will help make the dispute end in your favor... " a REFUND" 

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.