Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Paypal supporting fraudulent Chinese sellers

This looks more and more like PayPal's business plan. You did a lot of work to just give up.

Highlighted
Contributor

Like many others in this discussion, I have to blame myself for not sufficiently investigating the seller prior to purchase.  

However, I do feel that PP's resolution centre is not fit for purpose, as neither online or by any other means, does it allow a buyer the option to input all their circumstances.  Surely one should be allowed to respond to PP closing a case when there are pertinent details that don't fit on their form.

Particularly important in these COVID days when online shopping has increased.  It would be great to find a public enough platform to shame PayPal into more transparent disclosure of their policies, and to provide an accessible and efficient customer service centre.

Highlighted
Contributor

I BELIEVE PP IS IN SO DEEP THAT THEY COULD NOT POSSIBLY "MAKE GOOD" TO THE THOUSANDS THAT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. THEY KNOWINGLY HAVE KEPT ALLOWING SCAM SELLERS TO STAY WITH THEM. THE SCAMMERS ARE EASY TO IDENTIFY. JUST THIS VENUE ALONE HAS IDENTIFIED MANY. THE RIDICULOUS PP RESPONSES ARE PROOF ENOUGH THAT THEY CONDONE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US.

Highlighted
Contributor

My personal favorite thus far is PP's ruling that a BBQ smoker (basically a charcoal grill), is "materially similar" to a face mask. Thus seller has fulfilled transaction to PP's satisfaction and buyer is scammed and case closed.

I'd like to see PP executives cooking meat using face masks (hold the meat with the mask and light a match?)

Highlighted
Contributor

Exactly what they hope for... quit

Highlighted
Contributor

Hope you close your account

Highlighted
Contributor

I agree.  Seems PayPal doesn't give a $hit about the buyers.  I'm still trying to get my funds back.  This crap needs to be elevated to the FBI.  Using the Postal Service for Fraudulent activity and PayPal just accepts the seller's tracking number with no other research dispite me giving them proof of wrong address and package size attached to the tracking number.  Not sure how the sellers are doing this, but the buyers need a class action lawsuit like sellers did and WON!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

Are there any public spirited lawyers out there looking for a challenge?   The evidence is so plain to see, but we aren't going to be able to fight this monster as individuals and sadly justice can cost money.  Perhaps we could get a petition together on FB and see if it flies?

Highlighted
Contributor

I would be happy to sign also file a complain to https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ Its the same seller all the time. Paypal have told me that you can claim back upto £15 p&p postage to China from UK https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns But postage to China is so expensive and would still see many out of pocket
Highlighted
Contributor

Same happened to me. I bought 7 items from homemoon.store, and all items was a bait and switch. For instance, I bought a 9 piece comforter set, what I received was a piece of cloth. All other items was about the same result. I opened claims, sent PP pictures of what I bought, what I received and the envelope it came in. Yes a 9 piece comforter set came in a 6”x6” envelope. Now what the catch is with the seller is they offer a full refund, BUT only if you return the “rag”. Of course we all know that returning it would cost a small fortune. And this is where PP fell to protect the buyer. WHY would I send back a piece of rag, when PP can clearly see it’s fraud. Just knowing it would be impossible to put a 9 piece comforter set in a envelope. I reported the seller to the RCMP, and I’m going to report anyone that wants to hear it, about the seller and PP.