Paypal still limiting my account even after I have provided an authentic bank statement

lornalikiza
Contributor
Contributor
A few weeks back, I noticed some issues with receiving money from Paypal. Days later, I was informed that I had been limited. I verified my proof of name successfully but when it came to verifying my proof of address, it was another story. Every document I provided kept being rejected for one reason or another. Eventually, I went to my bank branch in the new city I recently moved in and got a bank statement which I was charged $3 for. That was Monday this week. I upload the document, which has my 3 official names two which are used on Paypal and has my address where I opened my bank account from which is an address on Paypal too that I gave and stamped to verify authenticity with the address of the bank branch in the city I moved in which I also added on Paypal recently and Paypal still chooses to reject this document and keeps limiting my account. I just started getting paid via Paypal from a teaching course I offer online and this is the only convenient way I can get paid, via Paypal. So, my question is, because I do not intend on providing any more documents when authentic documents keep getting rejected, are we being punished for being from the African continent with these account limitations? Is this Paypal's way to lock African users out of the service? I am frustrated and annoyed by this because it does not make sense rejecting what you clearly see is an authentic document.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lornalikiza 

Before sending us anything, please be sure that your document:

• is legible.
  • shows all four corners of the page.
  • does not have information blocked or blacked out.
  • matches the information on your PayPal account.

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.