Paypal still holding my money after 18months?

Trey24
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I used to use PayPal back in 2017/early 2018 for my self employed work. They limited me WAY back on the 26th October 2017 and wanted me to confirm my details. I confirmed 2/3 but unable to provide photo ID (No longer have a Passport and couldn't get a government ID). My question is can PayPal really hold my funds for more than 365 when my account is limited?

Last payment was:

May 2018

It is now July 2019, can I somehow request for the funds to be received or can they legally do this? I'm lost for words right now. I've already tried contacting them on the phone but they really don't help. They basically said you need to provide photoID or you can't get "your money" I have around 530GBP

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Trey24, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

If a limitation has been placed on your account, it is possible that the funds on the account will be held. We will require a valid photo ID to be submitted on the PayPal account before the funds may be released. I understand that you do not have a passport, please provide a copy of your driving licence to initiate a review of the fund's release. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.