Paypal stealing money?..

blueman01
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so to start. Im trying to help my mother with a account I made for her a while back. now I cant reset her password for she forgot since its been a few years since she used it. and the phone verification is through my old phone number. now the problem is the overwhelming about of bots for "assistance" sure paypal is secure but this amount is ridiculous.. as she cant provide info like card info since she has a new bank card and dont remember her old ones "last four digits" and it seems rediculus but why is it such a problem that you cant have a verification code sent to your email as well encase of this issue?.. plus she decided she wants to close the account but they seem to refuse to reply on returning anything to the bank account attached  thats in the balance.. she made me her officiator to sort this stressful mess out for her and all I have to say is Im very disappointed in paypals customer service for this horrendous help.. talking in the message Center I felt like I was talking to a bot. Id rather be talking to a real person on the phone then deal with this mess..

Its very simple how they can fix it.. if someone forgets theyre email and dont have the same number for verification they need to send the verification to the email.. this amount of security is good but a double edged sword.. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @blueman01,

I'm sorry to hear your mom is having some issues with her PayPal account. Unfortunately our Phone Support is still limited at the current time. However, you can also reach out to our Support Teams via Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Best wishes!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

VeryTICKEDoff
Contributor
Contributor

Don't waste your time with replying to Facebook.  I also received this advice, so out of complete FRUSTRATION with the LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT, I attempted the messaging through FB.  It was a BOT!!!  Any time you put anything other than "resolution center" headings in the message, it would say, "I DON'T UNDERSTAND"!!!

ANOTHER HUGE FAIL, FOR PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.