Paypal sided with the scammer on a dispute.

oilridge
New Community Member

I already sent back the money amounting to $90 back to this person because he said he sent me a payment in error and wants me to send it to a different person as friend or family since he already sent it to me. He asked me to transfer it to another account. Attached is the screenshot of our conversation.

Conversation number 1.pngConversation Number 2.pngConversation Number 3.pngConversation Number 4.png

He didn't even pay me for my work and after getting the dispute instead of me getting paid he even stole my money. I have been a very good user of Paypal and with this I hope this gets resolved since I use it mainly to receive payment for my online services.  As you can see on conversation number 1 he said he already paid me using account Harunur , I confirmed and saw it but on the same conversation he immediately said it was sent by mistake and asked me to transfer it back to another account and he will then just send me my actual payment later that night. I sent it to the account as can be seen on transaction details of refund and Transaction ID: 55A05537R1574030B. After sending that he said thanks. I waited for the whole night and two days but he never replied back as can be seen in our conversation. On the third day he gives excuses that the service wasn't provided even though I just did it as he instructed me to do and he even stole my website design so I just let him not pay me however he asking for a refund again using Paypal system after a month of not communicating with me is definitely his strategy to get my own money as a refund. He is definitely a scammer and I already provided the screenshots and the details to Paypal and they still side with him.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

riotvsn
Contributor
Contributor

I fell victim to jarredmarketing as well. He makes use of the freelancer's PayPal and then have the amount transfer to his bitcoin wallet <removed> He owed me USD298- He's an Indian guy using different western emails.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.