Paypal sided with a dishones seller

gypcegirl
Contributor
Contributor

After opening a dispute with a dishonest seller, paypal sided with them because they provided a tracking number that only gave me two out of four items in my order that I waited for for over three month.  They took my money immediately tho.  And now there is no way to contact paypal to tell them I still have not received my full order and am out my money.  Any one ever had to deal with this kind of issue?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gypcegirl 

If you opened a dispute for non receipt then yes if the seller gave tracking he would win.

Why did you not open a dispute for item received but not as described ie insufficient items?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You still have recourse (sort of). Start a chat session in message center, talk to live person and explain your situation, you want to change the type of dispute to substantially not as described. If you docuemntation of what was received then be prepared to upload photos.

Login to Me Too

gypcegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I have now changed the type of dispute after finding someone to contact.  Chat in the message center was leading me know where for a long time due to this covid virus and paypal saying no one was available to chat.  

Login to Me Too

gypcegirl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you help.  When I first opened the dispute, I had received nothing after three months of purchase and making payment.  It was only after I opened the dispute (and contacting the sellers a dozen times), did paypay reach out to them.  Thats when then received the tacking number and two pairs of the four shoes that I ordered were delivered a couple of weeks later.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.