Paypal side with scammers DO NOT EVER USE!

McKen1922
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an iPad to someone who paid via paypal and despite the fact I have all correspondence with the buyer stating the address change and

everything including delivery with DHL that the requested address. Paypal can‘t logically look at it and say, okay, this guy is being scammed lets help him.

I actually asked one of the guys on messenger, so what you are telling me is that... If I buy a product and convince the seller to send to a different address

then I can not only have the device but also get my money back. His response sickened me... He said the policy is it must be sent to the address on the paypal. So I re asked, so your saying if I bought something, got it send to someone else’s address, I could then claim I never received it and get my money back and also keep the product. He then stated ... The policy says it has to be sent to the customers address on their paypal. I asked, despite proof? So i can start scamming people today and you will take my side, can you not see how ridiculous that is? 

I am disgusted and will not stop to pursuit this. I have gone to the police but I will also be taking this further to make sure Paypal reviews it‘s policies to keep casual sellers safe as well. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @McKen1922 Sorry to hear about what happened. Based on the Seller Protection, you should ship the item on the address listed on the transaction details. Please refer to the link for you reference. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-seller-protection-policy-and-what-ite... Thank you.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @McKen1922 Sorry to hear about what happened. Based on the Seller Protection, you should ship the item on the address listed on the transaction details. Please refer to the link for you reference. https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-seller-protection-policy-and-what-ite... Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.