Paypal sent my money to the wrong e-mail adres and blames me for it!

Knvwn
Contributor
Contributor
I sent money to my mom and it went to a completely different e-mail adres. Paypal accuses me of making a typo when it's a completely different adres. Seems like somebody is commiting fraud, but the case was denied before it had a chance to stand! I never once had the oppurtunity to cancel payment either (which are the exact steps they tell you to take right after before the recipient even sees it.) When I called today, the representative told me it was my own fault and even police wouldn't make a deal of it if i tried SHE said. Am I dealing with some backhand in-between street handler or is it PAYPAL we're talking about? Where is my right? Because I sure hope I have one, paying thousands of dollars in fees over the years. I've reached out to the recipient but that's just a joke. Ofcourse they won't return it. Integrity is hard to find these days. Right Paypal?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Knvwn 

I'm sorry to hear that, first i would like  to inform you that sending money to friends and family is not covered by our Buyer Protection Program, please be advised that PayPal cannot reverse payments that have been claimed. We recommend that you contact your recipient directly and make arrangements to have the money refunded to you via PayPal or another method of your choosing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.