Paypal says Manufacturer Refurbished vacuum cleaner not covered by Buyer Protection!

davcom1
New Community Member

As a user of Paypal for my personal and business use, I am really annoyed with this -

I bought a cleaner that was supposedly "Manufacturer Refurbished" in late July. When it arrived is was terrible. It definitely did not match the description on the seller's website.

The seller's phone has a message saying their phones are unmanned due to Covid-19 so I had to email. The response is usually 24 or 48 hours so slow to get anything done. After sending images and details, they agreed the cleaner was not as it should have been and apologised. They then said they would collect and sent me a link to raise a collection. The cleaner was delivered back to them on the 6th August. Then I started to chase a refund. They apologise then nothing. And repeat.

I thought it would be best to turn to Paypal and raised an initial dispute which got nowhere and then escalated to a claim. The claim had a date which has kept drifting.

I decided to wade my way through Paypal's call avoidance system and spoke to "AJ from claims and disputes" (with a strong accent I struggled to understand). After getting put on hold a couple of times, he said the reason the date was chaging was they were waiting for the seller to confirm they would take the cleaner back - I'd stated they had already had collected! He then said, "refurbished is classed as modified and not covered by Paypal Buyer Protection" and it is in the Ts & Cs! I've looked and cannot see this. Is this even right? Its still an online purchase and surely covered by the usual laws?

Before I close the dispute and have to try to get a refund from the seller, is he right??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.