Paypal's resolution centre is not meeting terms and conditions

sadia2020
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal advertises everywhere to say they give full buyer protection by arranging full refund and postal fee. 

I received 3 dresses but they are significantly different from seller's description. I offered to return and asked for full refund. 

Paypal resolved the case by saying its not significantly different as if paypal has seen the dresses. 

I am shocked to see paypal didnt offer my any refund at all. 

what can i do now, all my money has gone into waste. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sadia2020 

PayPal does not say "full" protection, no way. There are limits to it. Your explanation as to how these dresses are significantly not as described probably do not meet the conditions of Significantly Not As Described according to PayPal. 

7. PayPal Buyer Protection.

An item is "Significantly Not as Described" (SNAD) if it is materially different from what the Seller described on its website or in the item listing. Here are some examples:

• You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  • The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  • You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  • The item was materially damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) if it is materially similar to the Seller's item listing description. Here are some examples:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the Seller.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.
  • The item was listed as used condition and you picked it up in person after examining the item.

You can appeal, because perhaps PayPal made an error in the decision process, to appeal, go to the closed case in the resolution center or contact customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Or, if you paid with credit card, dispute the transaction with them instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sadia2020
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker sharpiemarker

Not happy with your response at all. 

If i order Sprite, i want Sprite, not water. Just because they both have no colour doesn't make them the same. You can't say water is NOT significantly not as described. 

This is what happened with me in terms of my dresses. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.