Paypal's Facebook Page Comments on posts = Customer Complaints/Fraud

knaweber
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's customer service/resolution process is so ineffective that people have resorted to publicly posting their issues in the comments section of Paypal's Facebook page posts. Click on any recent post and read the comments. There are hundreds of comments of customers who have not been able to communicate effectively through Paypal's system to resolve fraudulent transactions among other things. [removed] It seems this is a growing problem.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Tonto71
New Community Member
PayPal rep told me an hour ago if I returned an item I could claim a refund if the postage. I returned it and paid £2.69. I then rang PP to give them the tracking number and enquired about the refund and was then told I COULDN'T claim a refund. Instead I was offered a £5 voucher, which I might never use!! Brilliant, scammed by the seller AND PayPal!?
Login to Me Too

MichelleM64
New Community Member
Someone hacked my Facebook account last week and raise my advertising threshold for my business page which accrued thousands of dollars in charges. Even though I have never done anything like this before and my advertising account hasn’t been used in a year PayPal still will not refund me the money. Even though I have filed 20 to 30 reports with Facebook and the federal trade commission. They still say that they find no unauthorized use . And I still can’t get anyone from Facebook to contact me.
Login to Me Too

kafka
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer who gave me an incorrect mailing address complained when he didn't receive his purchase. PayPal asked me to send documentation proving that I had posted his purchase. I didn't have any documentation but provided a tracking number which showed that the CD had arrived in Hong Kong and returned to Australia. I provided copies of the messages the buyer and I exchanged on Discogs in which he frequently admitted his mistake. Toady I discovered by chance that PayPal had refunded him in full without notifying me of their decision. Coincidentally the CD arrived in my letterbox this morning. I have now appealed their decision and provided photos of the envelope with all the stickers and comments from the Hong Kong post offices attached. I am wandering whether a human being at PayPal makes the decision or whether it is some sort of primitive algorithm?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.