Paypal rules in favor of buyer without bothering to investigate

jw2k_fr
New Community Member

I recently sold an iPhone on eBay and received payment via paypal.  After shipping the package with UPS, I was surprised to see the buyer file a claim for having not received the item.  I checked the tracking and saw it had been diverted to an address in a different state.  After calling UPS, they assured me that the change had been made by the buyer's MyUPS account and promised to open an investigation.

After failing to hear anything back, I checked the tracking after several days to see that both the recipient name and the sipping address had been modified.  I called them and they told me the investigation team had determined the package was delivered.  Paypal then ruled in favor of the buyer, without calling me, nor (obviously) bothering to investigate the shipping debacle.

I've called Paypal customer service multiple times and asked for someone to call me back to explain their ruling and they never respond.  I'm ready to take this to small claims court, but, (1) don't know whether to sue UPS or paypal, or both, and (2) would rather not if I could just get someone from Paypal to contact me.   

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get some kind of service from Paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

go to Ebay seller forum and ask,

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

ebay and paypal seller protection differ when the shipment was rerouted.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.