Paypal ruled in my favor earlier today, now it says its under review again

jdmansfield2281
Contributor
Contributor

I had an issue with a buyer opening an item not received case. Even though she knew and agreed to the delay. When she opened the case, the item was already enroute. She said something had been left out (we are talking about a homeschool book and worksheets). I didn't question her, I emailed her and responded on PP that I would put two more copies of the worksheets (one copy is included in the back of the teacher's guide) in the mail immediately and send her the tracking number. I did just that. She replied hours later (after the package was gone) that she no longer wanted them, that she had purchased from someone else for $36.00 (even though brand new from the publisher, it is only $16.75). She wanted me to reimburse her $36.00 or she would escalate the matter with Paypal. I responded with a full refund offer in exchange for the return of all of my items (what she already had and what was set to be delivered today). I even said I would email her a prepaid label to ship it back, so there would be  no money out on her part. She replied with a very long, letter wanting the $36.00 and stated if I wanted my items that I had enroute to her back then I would need to add even more money for return shipping (at this point, if I did all she was requesting, the original cost would be exceeded. I would be paying her to go through all of this). She refused the full refund offer and to return the items.

At this point, I escalate to paypal. I didn't know what else to do.  Both tracking numbers have already been supplied to Paypal.  Later in the day, the decision is made in my favor. Now (Same day) it says its being reviewed again. I guess she appealed the decision? What can happen now? What could be the basis of her appeal? If she doesn't want the full refund from me and to return the items, then the only thing I can think is she wants a full refund and to keep everything.  Can I be forced to return her original payment and her keep everything? I am just really confused at this point. 

P.S. I just noticed her address is unverified.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.