Paypal return shipping on us problems

dubster2007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just a quick question on paypal return shipping on us.I've now been waiting over 2 weeks for the refund which has been promised a couple of times via email, it's has been approved but been told by the paypal returns shipping team they are having problems and are trying to resolve it.

Just wondering if this problem is widespread? or just me?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

gemzzzzz
Contributor
Contributor
hmmmm I'm new here.country differs also.but have u contacted supplier direct.and used emails to cross reference?
Login to Me Too

gemzzzzz
Contributor
Contributor
did u get response from help center? keep on at them.use screenshot on Facebook too! 😎
Login to Me Too

dubster2007
Contributor
Contributor

I've spoken to them a couple of times and get back basically the same reply they are trying to sort out the 'problem' whatever that maybe.

Login to Me Too

LauderLad
Contributor
Contributor

You seem to be lucky to have even received a reply. I had an acknowledgement from Telus on 8th March regarding shipping refund and stating account would be credited in 5 business days. Nothing received yet and despite 3 emails have yet to receive the courtesy of a response! Shocking customer service. Only difference between PayPal and using credit cards to purchase items was the offer of Refund of Return Shipping. Will not be using PayPal in future!

Login to Me Too

dubster2007
Contributor
Contributor
Oddly everytime I've contacted them (7 times and counting) they've replied the same day. Annoyingly I get this reply 'For reasons beyond our control, your payment has been delayed. We are expending our greatest efforts towards resolving this as soon as possible' Not sure what the problem actually is but its putting me off using the PayPal return shipping in the future.
Login to Me Too

Amanda-C
Contributor
Contributor

I made my claim back in February and am still waiting for my refund!!!!!!!! I had an email saying my claim was accepted and that I would have the refund within 5 days! Its now April and still nothing! I have emailed them numerous times and only once had a reply saying exactly the same as what others have said ie. problems beyond their control blah, blah!!!!!!!

I made a complaint using the online form a few days ago and did have a response the same day but was told to email yet another address!!!!!

I am not a happy PayPal customer and certainly won't bother with this disgraceful service ever again! 

Login to Me Too

dubster2007
Contributor
Contributor
Reading that, I wont be expecting my refund anytime soon.
Login to Me Too

tetcutiepie

What I posted in another thread:

Yup, have had the same issue. I put my request in on Feb 25th, got the email that it was approved on Feb 26th. Normally, it would take around 3-5 working days for it to show up in my account... after two weeks, I contacted them through email (as that's what it states to do in Paypal's FAQ's). Received a reply on March 14th saying "For reasons beyond our control, your payment has been delayed, We are expending our greatest efforts towards resolving this as soon as possible."

Literally just called Customer Services (April 4th), and the lady on the phone was going by my activity, saying that I "already received a £15 refund back for this". I explained to her that was for an entirely different order/postage refund request, that the postage refund I was waiting on was £9.82, not £15. Then she said she was going to send me an email with instructions on how to put through my request for a refund. I told her I already did that back on Feb 25th and haven't received my refund, THAT'S why I was calling. Once she understood, she put me on hold, came back and said she'd send me an email and that the £9.82 should appear credited in my account soon after that.

EDIT: 20mins later the email came. It says "We've added a credit to your Paypal account." The amount is in my account, and the Note on it says "Payment from: Paypal; As a one-time goodwill gesture, we have issued a credit to your account. Thank you for using PayPal." The transaction also has a "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction. Visit the Resolution Centre to view status." When I go to the Resolution Centre, I'm not seeing any open (or closed) disputes. That's a bit worrying... So, if you wanted to go through the process of over-explaining yourself on the phone, try and call Customer Services. Have the original transaction of the item in question, open + the page that shows your refund requests, open + how much the postage was for on the request you're waiting on. Not sure how you'd fare though if you're waiting on more than one postage refund request 😕

Login to Me Too

Amanda-C
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, a quick update!!!!!!! I have finally got my ''return shipping on us'' refund after waiting patiently since Feb. 22nd 2019, but only because I got on the phone and spoke to a real person! Forget emails, it's a waste of your life (trust me)!!!!!!!

Have all your details ready and ref. number and just wade through the robot call system until you reach a real person!

All the best everyone! 🙂 x

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.