Paypal refuse to refund my payment.

dazed1990
Contributor
Contributor

How does a legitimate Paypal user have to do to get a refund here.  I bought an item on what I thought was a legitimate website.  When I realized the site was bogus I reported it to Paypal the next day.  Only I get a denial.  And I never, of course, I never received my products.  Why does Paypal side on the scammers and  take my money?   Does this make any sense?  Any legimate credit card I could've call in, report the scam, and get an immediate refund.  But yet Paypal allow these scammers to thrive on the Internet and we as consumers gets scammed!   I've called Paypal and never got a return call back.  Consumers watch out.  Don't believe Paypal will be on your side.  They make 15% of all transactions so their is no incentive for them to refund you your money.  In the meantiem the scam website is still up scamming other customers.  Why well it's because they can keep on scamming Paypal users.  Here is an opportunity for Paypal to remove this scam merchant but they choose not to do it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

ritafloor
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I bought a product, they vendor sent me a small item in the mail to show "proof of delivery" but it was NOT what I bought.  I tried contacting the vendor repeatedly but there was no response.  Paypal is facilitating a scam company and not doing anything about it since they refuse to look into it any further than "vendor provided proof of delivery".

Very disappointed in how they are handling this.  

Login to Me Too

SLK1971
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Paid $249.99 for a Nintendo Switch and received a cheap vinyl Iphone cover. PayPal closed the claim before the allowed return date. The seller gave a return address in Chinese.

Login to Me Too

As04669
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem. Ordered pots and realised too late it was a scam and cancelled the order within 30mins. Emailed the company (China again) and they said it was ready for dispatch!! Within 30mins of the order!! Got in touch with PayPal the same day. They said I had to wait until I received the order!! I was sent a cheap ladies ring about 5-6wks later.. couldn’t make dinner with it!?!?! Then it was back and forth and back and forth between me and PayPal. I was sent a Chinese address to return the goods (a ladies cheap ring which I didn’t order!!!) why the f should I have to pay for a return if I was sent the wrong item!!! PayPal should be ashamed of themselves being associated with these scammers! Notified by PayPal I lost my claim. So the company has not only scammed me which PayPal has allowed they’ve also stolen from me as I’ve returned the unwanted ladies ring at a cost to me!!! Shame on you payoal
Login to Me Too

dazed1990
Contributor
Contributor

Well folks from hearing your horror stories it looks like the scammers have figured out a way to deceive Paypal from flagging these transactions as fraudulent.  The funny part is that Paypal doesn't deam the transaction fraudulent even though the scammers are sending fake shipping notices that obviously any person with their right mind can tell it's fake.  I don't need further proof.  But yet Paypal will ask for all sorts of proof from the customer.  Now why do we need to convince Paypal that the transaction is fraudulent.  Obviously the seller hasn't ship the item.  Obviously we can't contact the seller because the seller is a fraud.  Geez what else can an honest consumer do really.  It's time to cut ties with Paypal.   The only way they'll change is if it hits them in the pocketbook.  Thank you everyone for sharing your horror Paypal transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.