Paypal received $ from Bank Account but no record of transaction

rmcaras
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community,

I am having difficulties talking to a live person at PayPal. The online programmed Help center is useless because its programmed around an actual transaction issue.

In my case, there is NO transaction with my PayPal account. Yet, my bank checking account shows 3 instant transfers to PayPal.

Again, No activity/transaction on my PayPal account for those dates or amounts.

So, its possible someone else has my bank account # attached to their PayPal account. 

yet I can not talk/communicate this issue to PayPal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmcaras 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rmcaras
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass,

Unfortunately this transaction was from my checking account, NOT a credit card. I should mention I have hardly ever used my checking account for any PayPal activity. I have, for the past 7+ years at least, always used a credit card [for the additional layer of protection].

So, how someone could, via PayPal, access my checking account is shocking. Since I don't even do it. Nor do we use any providers that get paid via our bank account, since we run everything through our CC for the points/miles.

And you are right, getting ahold of a living person has been a problem.  I have dialed[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] gone through the prompts only to be told, no one can help you and they hang up. No recording name/number for call back. Its customer service like this that encourages me to drop PayPal as a means of transactions going forward.

It just shouldn't be this hard to get someone's attention to a problem a customer is experiencing. 

I received a message from one of the on line CSR, that my issue was sent to a "Call Back Team"....but its been a week with no contact.

Thanks for your input.

rick <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.