Paypal randomly double charging my customers either sales tax or shipping.

CraigBlacklock
New Community Member

We have an online business with sales through Woo Commerce, and payments through Paypal. All shipping and sales taxes show up accurately on the Woo Commerce forms. But when the charges go through Paypal, about half the orders either have charged the flat rate shipping twice, or charged sales tax both before and after shipping charges are added in. This results in our having to go back through every order to verify its accuracy, and offer lots of refunds and explanations. There does not seem to be any pattern as to which products this applies to, or where they are shipping to. Sometimes it works correctly, and sometimes it does not for the exact same product to the same state.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SYW271
New Community Member

I'm having a similar issue exept, the double charge happens when the customer orders more than one item.

Login to Me Too

Sueschi
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t know how to resolve the issue of being over charged for sales tax when PayPal says, in essence, they’re not going to refund the over charge! Any suggestions??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.