Paypal "closed dispute"- can not be reopened !!

neville28
Contributor
Contributor

This is a crazy policy, especially where the customer has not been involved in the process of conclusion. 

I am not happy with a resolution.

Below is the message I have sent to Paypal

it is about the "closed case" - Case ID: PP-I-9734535. I am not happy with the outcome and I need more explanation. I made an online purchase that advertised a product for £14. I paid that amount and authorised that only. the company has gone ahead to add £144.94 they called "handling fee". They only revealed this on an email after purchase was made. That alone is suspicious - £144.94 handling of a £14 product. I have tried contacting them but all their numbers are not responding. no reply to my email. Paypal is now saying this is ok. These fraudsters know this loophole in your resolution team/department and are exploiting it. You are letting your costumers become prey to this if you don't stop it or at least investigate more. I suggest that part of the investigation is to try and actually make a transaction with the company and you can see the process and steps your costumers took to get doped. I am really not happy about this. This is for the case: Case ID: PP-I-9734535. The company name "Strong Current Enterprises ltd" and trading with name - Fever Patrol. Selling an infrared thermometer. Please all I ask is that someone in the resolution centre, take the same step the costumers took while attempting to purchase the product and see if this is right or not.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @neville28 thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I can totally feel your dissatisfaction with the service you received. Please keep in mind once the case is closed it cannot be reopened. But, I just want to verify you said that you purchased an infrared thermometer but the handling fee is more expensive than the actual price of the product, right? It looks like you still haven't received the item, correct? Looking on the Case ID you've provided, this is for unauthorized transaction so the system denied it as it was authorized. I suggest please contact us directly so we can better assist you. Please go to paypal.com and as you scroll down please see "Contact" page and you can see the available options to get a hold of customer service. We can reopen this case for you with a correct dispute reason like "Item NOT received". I hope this gives you a peace of mind that you deserve.

Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.