Paypal = questionable security protection after refusing to refund a scam donation.

temp20210419
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys.

So once again, the idiots in the Customer Service Department with small spines (if any) have made yet another **bleep** move. 

You know, I would think that after the incident where someone stole my identity to purchase a <removed> website membership and started getting billed by websites like nhliqt.com and other such URL's, they might take my demands for account security more seriously, instead of saying 'Blah blah blah, such language will close this message and we refuse to help you, despite not helping you at all in the first place'. Wah, wah, wah. Grow a damn spine. If I can put my damn life on the line every day for their right to be <removed> as a member of the United States Armed Forces, they <removed> should be able to at least HEAR me, instead of turning tail like <removed>. I despise <removed> and think they should be shipped to an uncharted island that is immediately nuked.

Anyway, my question is:

Are banks like USAA able to overturn Paypal dispute decisions? I saw a charge on my account to a company called StarVault as a 'donation' that they didn't bother to research. I did. Starvault is a game company that accepts donations for lifetime subs and then bans you right after. So not only is the person who compromised my account again costing me hundreds, but they can't even use the damn thing. 

Start - Star Vault is the main website, if anyone is curious. Funny how these charges were made when I was in the mountains of Afghanistan. But then again, Paypal CS reps aren't the brightest in the bunch, are they.

So because Paypal refuses to assist me in recovering funds from a scam donation, will my bank be able to? I don't recall a bank charge (though I may have to dig a bit deeper into my account to find it) alert on my phone, and I only caught it when I was checking my Paypal accounts on here. 

Please advise if anyone knows the answer! Thanks so much!

Sorry for the tone of this thread, other Paypal users. Paypal CS reps, that apology isn't for you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

temp20210419
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas...?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.