Paypal payments from Rip-off company Blackboom Internet Technologies

Wrangler89
New Community Member

I am concerned when I purchased an item through Kohlsheart and only after paying through Paypal does it say in tiny print Blackboom Internet Technologlies, sadly after I made the purchase did I discover this.  They start with one company name, use paypal to collect their money and end up with another company name.  Long story short, it was a pop-up ad on Facebook, I stupidly fell for it and ordered some items only to find out that now Paypal says they have no record of the transaction but as I am looking at my on-line bank statement it says PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 3/1 THROUGH PAYPAL so if that is not Paypal I would like to know who it is using their logo and name. Now some $60 later I cannot contact this Blackboom and Paypal is telling me they have no record.  Luckily I can call my bank and report the FRAUD and they will give me the money back.  Just beware and don't be taken in by these charming ads like I was. 

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

char32
Contributor
Contributor
No. I have not received anything and my bank is refusing to give me my money back. Said it is a legit purchase with tracking and all but it’s all bogus tracking and they will not refund me! Soooo mad!! I’ll never order from any place that I do not know
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@char32 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barb321
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me, but my amount was $125.  There is record on my paypal account though with a purchase to this "blackboom" place.  The company that I purchased from was "kohlsheart" as well.  I'm unable to get  a response from this company via email.  I'm hoping Paypal can help me get my money back.  So frustrating.  If these people would just get a real job and quit ripping other people off, our world would be a bit better.  I'm hoping this company gets the crap sued out of them by someone. 

SO FRUSTRATING!!

Login to Me Too

HIkeBuddy
New Community Member

OK, PayPal. time to pay attention to this company.  You're part of the problem when you take funds from your customers to give to scammy companies like BlackBoom Internet Technologies. Please pay this issue the attention we deserve. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Facebookscam
Contributor
Contributor

They are operating as if they are in NY, and under the following names of companies:

Kohl’s Heart (you think you are buying from KOHL’S department store)

NY Lily Boutique

SundayPop

TinnyGraceShop

PayPal needs to STOP accepting this seller’s buyer’s payments!

they are responding to buyer’s saying “make a suit out of the clothes you bought”,

“Return shipping to CHINA is $35.00, just donate to someone whom needs it, no refund”

...if you even get a response! 

Login to Me Too

MarilynneS

I agree.  PayPal promises to give us a safe way to send money.  That's true or not true.  However, when we are scammed by someone who bills through PayPal, it's tough luck from Paypal.  In my opinion, PayPal is not worth anything to me if they can't protect me from scams.

Login to Me Too

Facebookscam
Contributor
Contributor

This seller claims they are in NY, are they?!

DECEPTIVE PRACTICES! I only purchased as I thought it was KOHL’S in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and therefore PayPal would cover my purchase.

I WANT ANSWERS NOW!!!!!

Login to Me Too

nf1227
Contributor
Contributor

I too was "taken" by this company from an ad I saw on Facebook.  The day after I placed my clothing order I tried to cancel but was unable.  My money was immediately deducted from my PayPal account.  I didn't get my items until after I filed my initial complaint with PayPal (30 days after placing the order).  Then I received the WORTHLESS clothing items in about 4 days shipped from NEW JERSEY.  However when trying to return the items the seller makes you ship the items to CHINA.  I was told that I had to return the items with tracking...which I did (for $35).  But apparently the postal worker didn't advise me that tracking ends in the United States and from there no tracking is provided.  So guess what...I'm guessing the seller will just report to PayPal that they never received the items back from me.  I do have photos with all the shipping information affixed to the package including the postage, etc.  I'm still trying to work this out with PayPal but I'm not that hopeful.  This is one of those life lessons I learned all by myself!  NEVER will I fall for a scam like this.  I became too trusting in Facebook and PayPal (thinking that they only allowed legitimate companys to use their services).

I've learned a few things from this experience that I will pass on -

PayPal does offer reimbursement for some postage expense incurred by the buyer to return items to the seller.  Here's the link to more information https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

It is my understanding from the USPS that only EXPRESS mail to foreign  countries can be tracked.  My package at 2 lbs 15 oz would have cost roughly $140 to send with full tracking to China.  I did pay for what I thought was "full tracking" but only trackable while still in the United States (of course I didn't know this until "after-the-fact").

Also I was informed by a PayPal customer service representative that if you order something from a seller and change your mind - when the item is delivered "REFUSE" the item and it will be returned to the sender at no expense to you.  When the tracking shows that the item was returned to the seller your PayPal account will be credited (again, I didn't know this until "after-the-fact").

So all in all this has been a valuable life lesson for me.  It could have been worse...so far I'm out roughly $135, a few hours of time and a few kicks in the butt for my stupidity!!!

I hope this review may help someone avoid the same problem.  Keep in mind I'm not an expert...I'm only speaking from my experience.  ALWAYS verify details yourself when not sure about a situation.

Login to Me Too

honeydo5

I too ordered from the site seen on Facebook and have never received the clothing ordered.  When my Visa statement arrived and I had been charged via Pay Pal, I was upset and reported the FRAUDULENT deal to my Visa card so that they can cancel it.  I am now going to delete my Pay Pay account because it is obvious that Pay Pal does not monitor their dealers.

Login to Me Too

MarilynneS

I see no other solution.

1.  Don't buy anything from a store you don't know.

2.  Don't pay it using PayPal.

3.  Close your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.