Paypal payments from Rip-off company Blackboom Internet Technologies

Wrangler89
New Community Member

I am concerned when I purchased an item through Kohlsheart and only after paying through Paypal does it say in tiny print Blackboom Internet Technologlies, sadly after I made the purchase did I discover this.  They start with one company name, use paypal to collect their money and end up with another company name.  Long story short, it was a pop-up ad on Facebook, I stupidly fell for it and ordered some items only to find out that now Paypal says they have no record of the transaction but as I am looking at my on-line bank statement it says PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 3/1 THROUGH PAYPAL so if that is not Paypal I would like to know who it is using their logo and name. Now some $60 later I cannot contact this Blackboom and Paypal is telling me they have no record.  Luckily I can call my bank and report the FRAUD and they will give me the money back.  Just beware and don't be taken in by these charming ads like I was. 

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wrangler89 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Carolyna
New Community Member
Why does Paypal allow companies known to b ripoff artists to use their services i just got ripped off 61$ by Blackboom thru Kohlsheart im so Disgusted!!!! Im so going to turn Everyone into the BBB on monday FB n Paypal and Blackboom this kind of crap has to stop!!
Login to Me Too

MarilynneS

My question too.  If PayPal knows this company is a ripoff, why do they continue to accept charges from this company.  Also, since they do accept charges, doesn't that make them partially responsible for the ripoff.  I'm out more than $100 and received nothing at all.  Not even help from PayPal to help get my money back.  Same with Facebook.  Why do they continue to allow the ads knowing this is a ripoff?

Login to Me Too

dcorey
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal would not do anything about this fraudulent merchant charging accounts!  They claim that since the charges are unauthorized they will not cover it!  UNBELIEVABLE!!!  I will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dcorey 

Why did you open a dispute for unauthorised if you were the one that made the transaction in the first place?

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

Why did you not open one for non receipt OR item received but not as described.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection but you have to do your bit as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carolyna
New Community Member
I did same thing on march 5th n im kicking myself but i want to kick the **bleep** out of someone else. I ordered three shirts from Kohlsheart is that even a company??? I dont even like paypal so i dont know why paypal even pops upnow i really Dislike them for helping spam companies rip off innocent ppl i feel for you we need to Stop this from happening again im calling my news media in St Louis on monday to c what can b done
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carolyna 

Paypal buyer protection is not a 100% coverall, you have to read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

Sometimes paypal will bail you out for your bad mistakes but not always.

Facebook and other social meda (if you buy from there at all) also do not vet sellers so its buyer beware.

Social media + cheap stuff / bargains + China sales = cheap tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vandysue
Contributor
Contributor
I had to call PayPal this morning for this very reason. The only reason I thought this was a legitimate company is because they were using PayPal. I have canceled my order through the company and contacted PayPal. PayPal seems to be on top of it and says I will receive a full refund. I’m hoping this is true.
Login to Me Too

Ledmo90
Contributor
Contributor
Did you every receive it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.