Paypal not seeing tracking in US, provided USPS confirmed delivery document, claim still denied

Hkidek
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an electronic item in June from ebay, had the chance to check it out in august and was unpleasantly suprised that it was counterfit. Was too late to do anything in ebay and decided to do it thought Paypal. I followed all the instructions from Paypal, took pictures of the whole packing process and of the package with tracking code and postal stamps on it, provided those to Paypal and waited. 

I live in Estonia and tracking showed it left the country, after that - nothing. Asked Paypal about what happens when package gets lots and was blatantly told that no refund before any electronic evidence of seller getting it back. I made inquiry from my postal service and they got an delivery confirmation pdf from USPS.

Well, sure felt nice to know that it was delivered and provided the proof to Paypal. Was not pleasantly suprised to get an email today that: This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise."

How the hell is this possible? Ive provided them with 1) pictures of the actual package with all postal service stamps and tracking label 2) it can be tracked with international tracking services, until it leaves my country 3) I have confirmation from USPS that it was delivered. Ive not yet gotten a reply from USPS why tracking in US was not registered.

This is absurd, any ideas how to continue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

I recommend appealing the case by sending an email via the Help/Contact tab.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Hkidek
Contributor
Contributor

I already made an appeal when I got proof from USPS with the pdf file that confirmed the delivery but it was not enough.

Strangely only place where I have full information of it going though USA (with about 20 stops) is in ebay where seller apparently entered the shipping code and it works. I contacted ebay to get an explanation of how does the only tracking info appear there and nowhere else but no help from there, they told me only info they have is also the same tracking code that doesnt work anywhere (beside ebay itselt).

I have no idea what to do, I have pdf file from USPS with delivered status, signature etc thats not enough proof for Paypal. I have all tracking info in ebay but no way to show it to Paypal (well i can make a video, upload it to youtube but knowing paypal its probably not enough). Ive thus far spent 330 dollars to the actual item, shipping it back to USA and about 40 dollars on phonecalls.

Is it possible this is why its not possible to see tracking online? https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2015/pb22424/html/info_002.htm

If so, how should I have known it and why didnt Paypal instruct me to ship it differently?

Ive used Paypal for years and this is the first time Paypal has let me down so hard.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.