Paypal not honoring a refund

thodkin2
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a bed topper from a UK seller and they sent me completely the wrong product.

In conversation with seller they totally denied that they sent me wrong item.

I escalated to paypal and they advised me to return the item with a tracking number.

I did this and the item was successfully delivered and signed for.

Paypal are refusing to accept this and have closed the case in favor of seller!

The reason they state issue is a technical one that needs a small amount of common sense but paypal ore being very unreasonable:

*The tracking number entered into the destination country courier (An Post) is showing the last tracing transaction as "Your delivery has left our handling partner in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB"

*When i contacted An Post they told me to enter SAME tracking number in the destination handling partners tracking website (Parcel force).

*When I do this its showing same tracking number as delivered and signed for with the persons name.

I explained this several times to paypal but they are being very unfair and unreasonable.

Has anyone else come across this, im very frustrated and the amount of money is not insignificant.

i am thinking of talking to my lawyer on it!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Shopper43
Contributor
Contributor

I have disputed a purchase through ourprincessshop-gadgetgroup is who payment went through I am being told package is in Jamaica New York waiting for shipping partners to get it to USPS. I have discovered package is coming from China and we are not importing from them since the COVID pandemic.  So frustrating as I thought a refund would be issued by PayPal if order not received in a timely manner. No confidence in PayPal right now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.