Paypal not helped me when I was scammed

patriciafaulkne
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed when I tried to purchase Solar lights on the Internet. I ordered bronze coloured which cost me over £168. The company sent me cheap silver ones you get from poundland which was not the things I ordered but had no paperwork to return the incorrect items. I found out and showed proof to PayPal that this company shows you the solar light which look beautiful when on but send you cheap solar lights that don't work. This company has got loads of reviews all stating that they have been scammed in the same way I was. I sent screanshots of these reviews to prove it was a scam and yet PayPal still awarded the scammer. I am on benifits it took me 4 months to save the money to buy them. How can I get PayPal to review what thay have said as PayPal are wrong as I was scammed I have pleded with PayPal to ring me and I am still waiting. Pls any advice
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

carnoodle
Contributor
Contributor
In the US you can open a fraud claim with your bank. I'm sure it's the same in the UK. I'm dealing with the thing and I am ready to do the same. Hopefully you documented all of the conversations and pictures of the crap that you received. Paypal has HORRIBLE customer service. Everyone that has been **bleep** by paypal should open a civil lawsuit against them.
Login to Me Too

carnoodle
Contributor
Contributor
In the US you can open a fraud claim with your bank. I'm sure it's the same in the UK. I'm dealing with the thing and I am ready to do the same. Hopefully you documented all of the conversations and pictures of the crap that you received. Paypal has HORRIBLE customer service. Everyone that has been **bleep** by paypal should open a civil lawsuit against them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.